Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Glowing Christmas Trees...

Hello and happy Tuesday! Well, the snow has finally stopped a couple of hours ago and is headed up the coast towards the new England states. Luckily, I don't think we got much more today than 2"-3" of snow. On top of what we got on Sunday. Now it's time for some 50 or 60 degree weather to make it all go away! LOL!

Anyhoooo, I want to share a card I made using the glowing lights tutorial from Splitcoaststampers.  I'll be entering this for CAS-ual Fridays #122 - Out on a limb. (use a tree or trees)


Here is the finished inside:
 


 
 
 
What a fun idea! I had a blast trying this out! I used my handy dandy Slice machine and cut three trees from green card stock, then went to work on them according to the tutorial. One thing I did differently was to use Clear Snap ink. I dotted the trees using a white Gelly Roll pen, and let dry.  I applied the colors with q-tips, and let that dry. The other thing I did differently was that I used a gold Gelly Roll pen to add the garland. The two smaller trees are adhered directly to the music sheet panel and the larger tree is popped up between them with foam squares.
 
Seriously, this was so much fun to try. I hope you give it a go also! Thanks for stopping by and stay crafty!
 
Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Hampton Arts/G45 - Christmas Emporium
Ink: Clear Snap - Canary, Orange, Scarlet, Heliotrope, Blue Iris; Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: G45 - Christmas Emporium
CS: Bazzill Basics
Accessories: Slice die cutting machine & Noel cartridge; Sakura Gelly Roll pens - white, gold; EK Success - Deco Scallop Edger
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik Permanent, 3D foam squares




10 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the trees, they look fabulous. Great sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous trees, Chris! Wow, those lights really look like they're glowing. Great take on the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!!! They so glow, for reals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, what a fun effect! Those really do look like glowing lights! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glowing lights are just stunning, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, pretty! Now I'll have to try this technique... or maybe not, since yours will be so much better than what I can do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. You have to try this now. I double dog dare ya! LOL!

      Delete
  7. Lovely Christmas card, Chris! Love those lights. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! That is sooooooo pretty!!! The lights are totally twinkling!!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.