Monday, December 9, 2013

Season's Greetings Cardinal...

Hello my friends! I hope you all have survived the bad weather we have been receiving the last couple of days. We got at least 3" of snow yesterday, but the thermometer made it up to 37F today, so a lot of it melted. Good thing too. The so called weather experts are calling for another 3" to 5" of snow. Oh joy and rapture!

I have a card to share that I made using the Sweet Sunday Sketch #199: I tried the chalkboard technique again, and I love it! Check it out:


Here's the inside:

and the sketch:

What a fantastic sketch! I'd be lost without sketches. On rare occasions I'll make a card without any help (sketch, colors, photo inspiration), but I usually don't like how they turn out. Thus I use all the help I can get! LOL! I've had this stamp set for at least a year or more, but this particular image never saw ink until today. It just screamed at me to make it a chalkboard image. So I did! I followed the sketch very closely this time. (Well, as usual) For the main panel, after stamping and blasting it with a heat gun to set the ink, I lightly colored over random holly leaves and the berries with Prisma Color pencils. Added some tiny red rhinestones to one of the corners, added the border and black rhinestones, finished the inside and boom! Done! It sounds like I made this in minutes, but truthfully, it probably took two hours to do, mostly from trying to decide what papers to use. (too much stash - gotta start using it! LOL!)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you all have a good evening! Stay crafty my friends!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado - Holiday Words; MFT - Seasonal Sentiments
Ink: Clear Snap - Frost White; Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: Creative Imaginations - Winter Woodland
CS: Recollections
Accessories: Prisma Color pencils; Recollections - red rhinestones; Colorbok - black rhinestones; heat gun
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik Permanent, 3D foam squares


5 comments:

  1. OH Chris! This is beautiful! I LOOOOOOOVE that chalkboard technique on this card! LOOOOOOVE the kraft with the patterned paper! And I love the accents you put on those holly leaves/berries! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And I love that you said it was quick and easy-- but probably took 2 hours because you had to pick the papers! LOL! Hilarious! Totally know what you mean <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, been there done that. Sometimes 20 paper pads later I think "I have too much stuff" but then I browse online and get that sh** under control.
    The chalkboard technique is PERFECT for this image - it's absolutely gorgeous! And about the snow, and the melting...I hate when it only melts partway, and then freezes again, and then snows on top. I'm too young to break a hip, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is STUNNING, Chris! I love everything about this! Fabulous papers (after all that careful selection), fabulous layering, LOVE that image. Looks so great with the chalkboard technique, and how fun you added just a wee bit of coloring to the holly. Totally love that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to challenges and amen to using that stash! Your chalkboard card is really, really awesome, Chris!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Chris! I like it _almost_ as much as the card you sent me! :D It was worth it to agonize over the papers, since they're perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.