Thursday, July 25, 2024

Whaley big birthday wishes

Hello and welcome friends!
You know when you see a sketch and
you get some crazy idea of how to
interpret it onto a card? Yeah, that's
what happened with this one:


I used the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, but I rotated
it so that the vertical lines were horizontal. See? It's ocean waves now!
I went full out artsy-fartsy with this, by tearing up different shades
of turquoise cardstock, (So therapeutic!), so that this wee orca had
something to swim in. Bonus: I used up some paper snippets. 😊


Here's the inside:


This was a cool sketch that really made
 me think outside my comfort zone. (Thank you!)
Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you have a 
great rest of your day!



I'd like to enter this at:




Supplies:
Stamps: Honey Bee - Inside snarky birthday sentiments & dies, Birthday Wishes
Ink: Memento - Gray Flannel, Dandelion, Teal Zeal
CS: Neenah; Taylored Expressions; Bazzill
Accessories: Erin Lee Creative - orca die; Sunny Studio - stitched circle die; Fiskars corner rounder; MISTI; Faber Castell - black Artists PITT pen; Sakura - white Gelly Roll pen
Adhesives: SA - tape runner, foam squares; Bearly Art glue











5 comments:

  1. I love this to pieces!!!! The water strips create a fabulous ombre ocean for your amazing orca. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch--love those waves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is such a creative way to interpret the sketch! Love it. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this ocean card! And I love the torn edges! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative take on the sketch, Chris and I love how you thought outside the box. Such a great, artsy card!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM
    Hugs,
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.