Monday, July 22, 2024

Hummingbird birthday

 Hello and welcome!
I have a card to share that I was
working on over the weekend:


I used a brand new (to me) hummingbird layering die that
I'm so loving right now!


Shades of green and a pop of red. The ruby throated
hummingbird is the kind that I have zipping around my
hummingbird feeders. They are so much fun to watch!

Here's the finished inside:


Well, that's it for now. 
Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!



I'd like to enter this at:






Supplies:
Stamps: Honey Bee Stamps - Birthday Wishes; Altenew - Amazing You
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: Neenah; Taylored Expressions; Cardstock Warehouse; scraps
Accessories: Honey Bee - Lovely Layers Hummingbird dies; MFT - scalloped rectangle from Blueprints 27; MISTI
Adhesives: SA - tape runner, 3D foam squares - Bearly Art glue





 










9 comments:

  1. Your bird is amazing!!! I haven't seen this one yet. And I love you designed the background. Fabulous card my friend. Thanks for playing with Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous design--your beautiful hummingbird is gorgeous, and I love the simple florals behind it! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Hummer is beautiful Chris and I love that you left the background black & white to really make the Hummer POP! Great use of our challenge colors!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Color Hues!! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Chris and such a lovely sentiment! The layered die cut hummingbird is a gorgeous focal point! We're so glad you joined us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost went with a hummingbird--yours turned out perfect for the challenge--great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hummingbird is brilliant! The way you've let the foliage remain black and white, while echoing the red in the card base, really makes her shine. Thank you for joining in with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely !
    Have a nice day.
    Craft greetings,
    C4U Art Craft / Carla 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the texture and detail on that hummingbird and the way the red picks up the base colour, whilst the flowers remain neutral so as not to detract. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with my CAS birthday challenge over at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card, Chris! Of course the hummingbird is trying to steal the show but I do love the background in black and white. Very creatively done. Thanks for playing at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.