Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Mixed media birthday card

 Hi there crafty friends and welcome!
Today I'd like to share a very colorful card that
uses papers I created with dye inks.


The inspiration for this was this card that Amber Rain Davis created.
(Thank you, Amber!) While she used watercolors on her version, I
created a bunch of panels using Magenta Nuance powder dyes and water.
All the flower and leaf parts were die cut from these once dry.
I splattered black acrylic paint onto the card base, and once it was dry,
adhered the flowers and leaves. I heat embossed the sentiment
and used the coordinating die to cut it out.


Another sentiment finishes the inside:


I absolutely love how this turned out! So bright and colorful! 😊
That's all for today. I appreciate you visiting.
I hope that you have a wonderful day!






Supplies:
Stamps: Honey Bee Stamps - Inside Birthday Sentiments
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versamark
CS: Strathmore mixed media paper; Taylored Expressions Neenah
Accessories: Magenta Nuance powder dyes; Altenew - Jumbo Garden Picks Layering dies; WOW! - white EP; Heat gun; MISTI; DecoArt Americana - black acrylic paint
Adhesives: Ranger - MMM; SA - 3D & thin 3D foam squares, tape runner






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colours and a really lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.