Sunday, October 12, 2014

NOT a Halloween card. Wait. WHAAA????

Yep. You heard right. (Sorta been on Halloween card making kick lately.) So, today, I give you a Christmas card. (wink!) 



(glittery words on the inside)

I'm playing along with 'Tis The Season #27 (sketch) and also Merry Monday #129 (neon colors).

 

ETA: Since I have some (I know, not a lot) pink on my card, I'm also going to enter this at Jingle Belles, where, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, Lauren and Stephanie will be donating $2 each for each card that has pink in it. So, start making those pink Christmas cards and enter as many as you want!



I had fun die cutting different Nesties in neon card stock to use as ornaments, and stamping them using neon ink. (I know, it's hard to see, but if you enlarge the photo, you should hopefully be able to see the designs better.) I even used a bit of neon cord that I've had for at least a couple of years, and never used until now! Score! Of course, I had to have a black background panel to make those bright colors pop! I die cut the sentiments from silver glitter paper, because, shiny! The cord was stapled to the black panel before I adhered it to the card base. I also drew strings for the ornaments with a silver pen.

Well, as usual, I'm getting this entered under the wire. (Procrastination is my super power, ya know!) Thanks for hanging out with me, and I hope that you have a great day!

Chris

Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Borderlicious; The Alley Way Stamps: Background Check
Ink: Hero Arts - Neon ink cubes
DP: American Crafts - silver glitter
CS: Darice (white, black); scraps
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Lacey Circles, Classic Scalloped Circles, Classic Ovals Lg, Lg Octagons Nesties; Paper Smooches - Christmas Words Dies; Michael's - neon cord; stapler; Sakura - silver Gelly Roll pen; Fray Check
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Scotch - Scrapbooker's Glue


15 comments:

  1. What a fun and clever cluster of ornaments, Chris and they really pop against the black! Thanks for playing with us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun cluster of ornaments, Chris! Love how they pop against the black. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to make ornaments -- awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may only be a little bit of pink but put it in at Jingle Belles too! Totally counts! I LOVE how the neon pops on the black - super fun & funky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I never thought to enter this there. (Probably because there's not a lot of pink) But I'll do it!

      Delete
  5. This card really does pop with the fun neon and the black background! Love that! And what a clever way to create ornaments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright and fun card, perfect for Christmas! Love how you made your ornaments!

    You rocked the sketch, thanks for playing along with us at 'Tis The Season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and I love those beautiful and bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those ornaments are so fun ... so very glad you went PINK for a Cause with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris, what a great way to make your ornaments. I never thought to do it that way. Love your bright and bold colors too. Thanks for playing with us at 'Tis the Season.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving the bright bold colors against the black. Great job on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Tis the Season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok, see, the rules don't say "A LOT" of pink they just say it has to be noticeable... which... trust me, this REALLY IS!!! in a totally totally GOOD way! plus... using the nestie shapes as ornaments is BRILLIANT!!! thanks very much, missus, for "thinking pink" with us at JINGLE BELLES!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the sketch! I love the look of the bunched ornaments. I also really like the bright colors against the black background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.