Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter Wonderland....

Good morning crafty peeps! I hope you all had a great weekend! I finally got the rest of my Christmas decorations up, saw the new Hobbit-2 movie, and got some house cleaning done. (If you know me, housework is NOT my strength. So it was a personal victory for me. LOL!) I also made more cards. Here's one of them:


Here's the inside:

I've challenged myself to use more scraps, stamps that have never seen ink, and embellies that I keep hoarding. I did pretty good with this card. Even used both of my die cutting machines! (Slice and Grand Calibur) I cut the snowflakes from three colors of card stock with the Slice, then cut the circles with the GC. After gluing the green strip, I adhered the circles and snowflakes, switching out the colors. I was originally going to put rhinestones in the center, but remembered that I had these wooden snowflakes. Out came the mists and Shimmerz! When they were dry, I glued them with Helmar 450 adhesive. (Those bad boyz ain't going nowhere! HA!) I stamped the sentiment in the corner, and another simple sentiment finished the inside.

I've used the sketch from CAS(E) this sketch #57, the colors from Color Throwdown #272, and the 'Let it snow' themes for CAS-ual Fridays #123 and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.




Thanks for hanging out with me and I hope you have a great day!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: BoBunny - Holiday Wishes
Ink: Memento - Gray Flannel
CS: scraps
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Std. Circles Small Nesties; Slice die cut machine and Noel cartridge: Recollections - wooden snowflakes; Tattered Angels Graphite Glimmer Mist; Maya Road Mist - Eggplant Purple; Shimmerz Pearls - Blue By You; Q-tip
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik Permanent; Helmar 450

13 comments:

  1. boy you sure packaged those challenges into one fabulous CAS card. Awesome. Everytime you post challenges I want to go and create for the same one or ones. you are either a good influence on me or a bad one. lol. I don't have time for challenges right now as my "assembly line" must get started to day for 15 cards. I need them in the mail soon although most are local. TFS today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would hope that I'm both a good and bad influence on you Barb! LOL! I thank you for your kind words, and so does my ego! ;) I do feel your pain about getting cards done. I just finished addressing the last batch of cards/envies for mailing tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colors!!! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snowflake scheme and how you combined the challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you using your NBUS (never been used schtuff). And what a cool snowflake card as a result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right on! I'm a little tempted to try to remove those snowflakes now, since you said they aren't going anywhere...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love your take on the sketch you used
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! Love the snowflakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous color combo! LOVE that you used these colors to make a holiday card... I looooooooove x1000000 that you used up scraps! You rock! You've inspired me.... must use up my scraps;) LOL! YOU amaze me, Chris!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome colours for a fun Christmas card -- love it, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun color combo! And this is just the most perfect take on that sketch! LOVING your mix of snowflakes. The misted wooden snowflake centers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a lot of work, but I love the colors and the end result, Chris! Helmar, huh? I'll have to check that out, so thanks! And thanks for your sweet comments at my place today! Glad you got a kick out of it!

    If I don't get a chance to visit again before Christmas, I wish you and yours the happiest of holidays! Thanks for your online friendship and support!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.