Thursday, December 5, 2013

Just a chillin'.....

So I saw this card on page 66 of the Winter 2013 Card Maker magazine, and it screamed to me to CASE it. So I did. Here it is:


Here's the inside:

Had I been on the ball, I would have taken a picture of the page to display here so you could see it. Now you all will have to go out and buy the issue! LOL! I just loved the sketch, the colors, the repeated sentiment on the banner, and the woodgrain background on the cased card! I think I will be making more using this sketch, I really like it!

That's it for now. A short and sweet post. Thanks for hanging out with me! Now go forth and get your craft on!

ETA: I'm going to enter this in the TAWS Be Inspired #43 challenge. Here's the inspiration picture:



Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: TAWS - Chill Out, Love Knots; Paper Smooches - Christmas Sampler
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa; Ranger - Peacock Feathers
CS: Recollections (kraft); Bazzill (red, aqua); Copic X-Press It
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; Grand Calibur; Darice - snowflakes EF
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent; 3D foam squares

7 comments:

  1. Go forth and get your craft on :)
    Yer funny!
    I love this card! Love the colours, love the layout, love that snowman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take your word for it, Chris! I'm sure you did an outstanding job of CASEing the original ~ your version sure is fantastic!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small town Ontario... where will I find Card Maker magazine??? :D So I, too, will take your word for it... but I do like the CASE'd result! And the woodgrain base makes everything so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you liked this design, Chris! How ca-ute! Such a fun snowdude. Love the woodgrain background, and I really like how you did the sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it ate my comment...bad blogger. Grrrr. Darn free service not working properly! I think I said something along the lines of I LOVE THIS IT IS AWESOME. I love the colours &that fabulous woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! Love how you colored the snowman! Thanks for joining us at the BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.