Monday, December 2, 2013

Joy....

Happy Cyber Monday! Wow, the internet is running kinda slow today. LOL! Here's hoping that I can get this post done before it crashes! Here's a card I made last night:


Here's the inside:

I used the sketch from Deconstructed Sketch #128 

and the colors from CTD #270

I'm not completely happy with how this turned out, but I got all the elements needed so I'm leaving it as is. I really like the sketch, so perhaps I'll be using it again. ☺ On the embossed panel, I went over the design lightly with Frost White ink to make it more visible and also to break up the kraft on kraft. I stamped the sentiment then thought it needed something more so I stamped the snowflakes. (Probably should have stamped the snowflakes first then the sentiment. Oh well, you live and learn!) And who doesn't enjoy silver glitter paper for some added shine! (Of course, if you really look at the inside, you'll see it started going everywhere! I'd clean it up, blink, and there was more! Grrr!) 

I'm also going to enter this for Shopping Our Stash #129 - Holiday or Winter, and

Thanks for looking and feel free to leave a comment. It does my ego wonders! LOL! Have a great day!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Hampton Arts/G45 - Christmas Emporium; MFT - Seasonal Sentiments (snow flake)
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa; Clear Snap - Frost White
DP: G45 - Christmas Emporium; American Crafts - Christmas Glitter pack
CS: Recollections
Accessories: Grand Calibur, Standard Circles sm. & lg. Nesties; Cuttlebug EF - from James' Set; May Arts Ribbon - burlap; Offray Ribbon - silver; Michael's foam snow flake; Fiskars corner rounder
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik Permanent, 3D foam squares; Recollections red tape

10 comments:

  1. Great card, good job on the sketch. I keep looking at the sketch and trying to figure out what I can use. It will be closed by the time my brain works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty design! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card... ohhh... bling makes me smile!! Thanks for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty! Just the right amount of sparkle, too. :) And congrats on your SPARKS shoutout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of glitter inside and out! Beautiful use of the throwdown colors and so glad you were able to play along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch with the colors! Great design! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color combo and the hint of glitter. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the inking on the embossed panel! ANd omg, sparkle is just more holiday spirit tucked into your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is sooo pretty! I love the mix of elegant silver with rustic kraft! That is sooo up my alley! Loving the embossing on here, too. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice interpretation of the sketch! Very nicely done! Thanks for playing along at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.