Saturday, September 7, 2024

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #254 A is for Autumn

 

Hello and welcome!
Can you believe that it's already September!?
I swear that it was just June yesterday. 😦
Well, since it's getting to be that time of year,
this month's challenge at the
is A for Autumn. What does that mean for you?
Cooler weather? Colorful leaves? Sweater weather?
Pumpkin Spice? Let's see it!
For me, as always, Autumn means Halloween,
so of course I created a Halloween card:


The background panel was created by smooshing mixed media paper
into water spritzed Distress Inks, drying, then selectively adding more
inks with some cellophane packaging smooshed into the inks.
This was repeated until I liked the look of it. I did also
blend more black soot ink around the edges.
I spritzed some water droplets onto the panel then
blotted with a paper towel for more blotches.
Mr. Bones was stamped, fussy cut, and then I blended
Vintage Photo DI around the edges.
Lastly, I cracked open a vial of Aged Black embossing powder and
used for the first time. Holy Wow! It looks amazing IRL!
A mix of silver, black and gold. It really looks like
aged metal! Of course, it was impossible for me
to photograph, as usual. LOL!

Here's the finished inside:


Since I had all the materials out, I created a second card:


I hope that you'll join in our Autumn challenge at the
Need more inspiration? Simply visit the blogs of my Sisters and
our reigning Queen, Leslie, to see their takes on the challenge.
Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!



I'd like to enter this at Two Old Bats September 24 ATG challenge



Supplies:
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous - Mr. Bones, Bold Frights; Queen & Co. - Halloween
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versamark; Ranger DI - Black Soot, Wilted Violet, Crackling Campfire, Vintage Photo
CS: Strathmore mixed media paper; Thunderbolt; Cardstock Warehouse; scrap
Accessories: MISTI; Stampendous - Aged Black EP; heat gun; water mister; cellophane packaging
Adhesives: SA - tape runner, foam squares; Bearly Arts glue












2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, awesome background and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this has all the Tim vibes which you know is my jam!!!!
    We should have done A for what the hell happened to August (thought for next year) lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.