Friday, December 15, 2023

A tropical hello

 Hello and happy Fri-YAY!
I made another card to share:


I'm already dreaming of sandy beaches and warm weather!
I bought this stamp set last year at my LSS before they
sadly closed, and it's the first time using it.
(Buying stamps and using them are two different animals!)
I extended the water lines a bit more with a black marker to make sure 
the chair was within the die cut oval I used. Of course, that meant
the palm trees were almost completely cut out, and I thought
it was missing more leaves on that side. So I stamped, colored,
fussy cut and glued that one tree to the side, and ran
it again through the die cut, so that the stitch marks  showed.
Crazy? Yes. even more crazy, I used a white Gelly Roll marker to
dot the water along the horizon to mimic sparkle on water.
If you turn your head sideways and squint, you
may see it here:


I left it blank on the inside, as I'm not sure if I want to
make this into a birthday card, or just a thinking of you card.
Time will decide. 

Another non-holiday card in the books! LOL!
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful
rest of your day!


I'd like to enter this at:




Supplies:
Stamps: Sunny Studio - Ocean View, Radiant Plumeria
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Lulu Lavender, Lilac Posies, Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves; Simon Says Stamp - Lemon Chiffon
CS: Spectrum Noir; Taylored Expressions; Neenah
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; MISTI; Sunny Studio - Stitched Oval die & Scalloped Oval mat 2
Adhesives: 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Ranger - MMM






2 comments:

  1. So much to say. First, excellent sand and schparkle, Chrispy! Second, well done fingering it all out so it worked perfickly, even to the point of running it through the die-r again after fussing with those fabulous palm leaves! Brave girl! Third, thank you for a warm and sunny non-holiday card! And fourth, thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...a girl after my heart!! Sunshine is my favorite weather...and the beach...YES!! Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you joined the fun and played along with our "Whatever the Weather" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #SOS511

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.