Tuesday, December 19, 2023

A little mixed media casing

 Hello crafty friends and welcome!
Back at the beginning of December I 
and thought this card looked really cool,
so I tried my hand at making it.
Do I have any of the products used in
the video? Nope. I used what I already had on hand.
(My supply list is always at the bottom of my posts.)
Here's my version:



The background was created using Distress Inks, then splattered
with white and gold acrylic paint. The same gold was used on
the letters. I used foam strips on the letters, but I had to trim
the foam on a lot of the letters. (the foam strips were just
slightly thicker than the letters. Ugh!)
Here's the finished inside:


Luckily for me I made another panel, in case I messed up,
(But I didn't. Yay!), so I made another card.
This time I die cut the letters three times, stacked and glued together.
(Much easier, and less swear words were said. LOL!)




I really enjoyed the process of making the background,
and I'm thinking of trying it using just blues/greens or
maybe reds/pinks/purples. 
Thank you, Channin Pelletier, for the inspiration!

That's all I have for now. Thank you for
visiting, and I wish you a great day!



Supplies:
Stamps: Honey Bee - Inside Birthday Sentiments
Ink: Ranger DI- Peacock Feathers, Worn Lipstick, Saltwater Taffy, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron; Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: Strathmore watercolor paper; Neenah; scraps
Accessories: water brush; DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints in white and gold; paint brush; Taylored Expressions - Sweet & Simple Upper Alphas dies; MISTI
Adhesives: 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Ranger - mmm; Taylored Expressions - foam strips





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.