Friday, July 14, 2017

Another Bad Ass Art Journal page - Sisters

Hello crafty friends.
I'm popping in before the next line of thunderstorms hit, and knock out my
cable service again.

I'm very slowly working on my Bad Ass Art Journal classes.
I'm on week 6 now. Check it:


 I used Magenta Nuance powder dyes to water color my background. For the next layer I 
used white ink and a few stencils for a subtle pattern. (I'm not sure if it was that 
particular ink pad, or stenciling onto the first layer, but that ink took
3 DAYS to finally dry! Even hitting it many times with
my heat gun! Holy crow!)
You can see some of the patterns in the next couple of pics:



My people bodies were made using spray inks.
 (Don't do what I did and use water reactive sprays for this, as they are, well,
reactivated with any liquid. Or if you lean your hand on them whilst painting the heads.
Ask me how I know)
I painted the head and shoulders. In the class, these were left as is, but
I felt compelled to add hair to mine. Personal choice)


Stamped some grungy thatched marks, and went over them with the edge of an old credit card
and black paint where the stamp didn't touch the paper. Also stamped and fussy cut the flower.
Some scribbling and doodling, and it was all finished!


I did spray this (carefully) outside with a sealer, in the hopes
that it won't smear, if someone were to touch it. LOL!


Thanks for visiting!

I'd like to enter this at:






Supplies:
Golden Gesso;
Magenta Nuance powder dyes - Hot Pink, Orange, Bright Yellow; 
Colorbox/Susan K. Weckesser - Snow ink pad; 
STAMPlorations - Dragonfly Waltz, Delicate Lines, Dots All Over stencils; 
STAMPlorations - Mixed Media Grunge, Big Bloom Factory stamps; 
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics - Titanium White, Carbon Black, English Red Oxide Antiquing Cream; 
Dylusions Spray Inks - London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise
Maya Road - Eggplant Purple spray ink;
DecoArt Americana Acrylics - Warm Beige, Dark Chocolate, Natural Buff;
General's - multi pastel pencils - Van Dyke Brown, Black;
Faber Castell - Sm black artist PITT pen;
Sakura - Gelly Roll pens - white & silver;
StazOn - Jet Black ink; VersaMark ink; Stampendous - black embossing powder; 
heat gun; baby wipes
DecoArt Americana sealer

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning journal page .... love it!! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.