Saturday, August 13, 2016

JUST US GIRLS #356 - Trend Week


Hello crafty peeps! It's Trend Week at JUST US GIRLS. Ina is hosting this week and she's picked water coloring as your prompt this time around! Here's what I made:


and the inside:


I smooshed a few blue ink pads on my craft mat, spritzed with water, and made the background panel. The polaroid die cut I've had for at least six months, but I've just now used it. *koff - hoarder - koff* I cut it twice, from black cs and sliver glitter paper, then adhered slightly off to get a shadow effect. I found some glittery dimensional snowflake stickers and popped those on as well.

I know you'll be itching to play along this week, as water coloring is still a major trend right now! Just link up your project at Just Us Girls so we can admire it! For even more inspiration, please do check out what my teammies and our Guest Designer, Colleen, have created for your viewing pleasure! Thanks for visiting and take care!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Merry Christmas Message
Ink: Memento - Summer Sky, Nautical Blue, Paris Dusk; Brilliance - Starlite Silver
CS: Strathmore water color paper; Bazzill; Darice
DP: American Crafts - glitter paper
Accessories: GC; Avery Elle - Pierced rectangle die; SSS - Holiday Frames die; Michael's - snowflake stickers
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Scotch foam tape, scrapbooker's glue

10 comments:

  1. So much sparkle! I love it, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is gorgeous! I love the sparkly Christmas frame with the sparkly snowflakes. I love sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a gorgeous blue sky for your background - awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreamy watercolor background! I love the sparkly snowflakes and the pretty silver Merry Christmas. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background is wonderful and I love your Polaroid frame all glittered up! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. The glitter frame looks great over your beautifully watercolored background, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! Love the glitter paper mixed with your watercolor background, and your shadow effect with the frames was such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning Chris. Love all the glitter and such an amazing cas card. Perfect background too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty and Sparkly Christmas card Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous watercolor background, and I love all that sparkle. Great take on the challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.