Saturday, July 9, 2016

JUST US GIRLS #351 - Trend Week


Hello there! We have a new challenge starting today at JUST US GIRLS! Vicki is your hostess for Trend Week, and she wants to see your SPONGING skills! If you love to play with inks, or haven't tried this yet, you'll have tons of fun! Here's my take on the challenge:


and the finished inside:


You can create the most amazing skies using your inks and silhouette stamps! My background is made up using four Distress Inks. First I lightly sponged Squeezed Lemonade where I wanted the 'sun' to be. Using a circle mask that I die cut from masking paper, I put that over the lightly sponged area, then continued around it, Next was Spiced Marmalade, then Abandoned Coral, and finally Fired Brick. I went over them a few times to blend them in better and darker. Using my MISTI, (Best invention ever, IMHO!), I stamped the tree line at least 6 times to get a really dark, saturated image. (Note to self: re-ink your black ink pad. LOL!) I found a bird in flight stamp and added that, then stamped the sentiment. 

So, ready to get inky? Of course you are! We'd love to see your take on our sponging challenge at Just Us Girls! For more inspiration, please do yourself a favor by visiting the blogs of my teammies, and our Guest Designer, Carol Mayne, and leave them some bloggy love! 

Just a reminder, if you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of our July challenges, you'll be in the running to be our Guest Designer for the month of September! Have fun and thanks for visiting!


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous - Tree Line; Paper Smooches - Get Outta Town (bird); MFT - More Essential Sentiments; Stampendous - Birthday Wish
Ink: Ranger DI - Fired Brick, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade; Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: Darice
Accessories: Ranger - blending tools; MISTI; GC; SB - Sm Std Circle Nesties; Inkadinkado - masking paper
Adhesive; Scotch - foam tape; SA by 3L - tape runner

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous sponging and looks great against the black silhouette of the trees. I'm with you on the Misti...so perfect for this technique and getting the black really black x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sponging, gorgeous card. (don't want to see my sponging lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous sunset! Gotta get me a Misti, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Chris! Love the sponging of that night sky. I love my MISTI also! I first bought the large one, but then bought this smaller one. I use this way more than the larger one! What a great tool to have. It worked great on your trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Your sponging is pure perfection in creating that beautiful sky background. Love the trees and the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fabulous card Chris! It looks like we both had background scenery on our mind when we saw sponging! I do not own a Misti....YET! So I had to re-do my card twice and the second time wasn't much better, so I had to color in my horses with a sharpie! LOL I wasn't laughing then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing scene you created here. Gorgeous colours. Awesome sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've created a gorgeous background for your silhouette forest! The 'highlight' you've created...WOW! Thrilled to be your GD for this challenge...I love sponging!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this... the conifers will always win with me! And let me guess: that sky is even more vibrant as you look at the card IRL... awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so stunning, Chris!! I love how you have done the sponging to make that sun pop. And the silhouetted trees are just beautiful. Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.