Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy 4th

Hiya and hello crafty peeps! I got a couple cards made just because and here's one of them:


I used a neglected punch for the stripes and some grunged up papers to give the flag a more rustic look. I even took vintage photo DI to the blue panel to age it. After all the work I did layering the stripes, I didn't want to cover it up, so I stamped and die cut the sentiment banner out of vellum. With some strategically placed navy buttons, I adhered it with foam dots.

And now, for some patriotic music:




You're welcome for that ear worm. ☺ Have a great day!

I'd like to enter this at :
Freshly Made Sketches #191 (ok, I took some liberties with the sentiment placement.)
Crafty Gals Corner #24 - Red, White & Blue
The Kraft Journal #228 - anything goes masculine
 



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts; Paper Smooches
Ink: StazOn - Jet Black; Ranger DI - Vintage Photo
DP: MME - Lost & Found: Union Square; Echo Park - Metropolis Dots & Stripes
CS: Darice; scraps
Accessories: EK Success - deco scallop edger; Paper Smooches - Streamers die; Vellum; buttons from my stash; DMC floss
Adhesives: SA by 3L - taper runner; thin 3D foam squares; AC - foam dots; Scotch Scrapbooker's glue; Glue dots

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chris! This is super creative and a really lovely patriotic card. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, and please stop by tomorrow for another great challenge.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously creative flag design, my friend! I LOVE the scalloped border punch you used on the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this creative version of the flag! Totally cool card, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww - this is SOOOO cute with it's scalloped stripes and polkadotted stars. Very clever! Thanks for sharing it at Crafty Gals Corner, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.