Tuesday, August 7, 2012

You're how old?!

Good morning all! Here is a card I made for my nephew, who will be turning 21 in another week. Gasp! Where did the time go? I swear he was just three years old the other day! I had every intention of entering this for the Color Throwdown #203 but never got it done in time. DOH! Always the procrastinator! I still have time to enter it for the My Favorite Things WSC83. Barely!


So, usually I have a picture of the inside of my card. Welllllll, my battery has been low for some time now, and this was the last picture I took before it died. :( Oh well. Inside I used tiny alphas from Cosmo Cricket to say "When did that happen?" and a stamp from Unity Stamps that says Happy Birthday. On the front I used Kraft paper (Recollections), Black (Bazzill), and green (DCWV). I used the MFT mini monarch die-namics border. Oh, and those strips of orange, blue and yellow? I covered white card stock scraps with Washi tape and glued them onto the borders! How cool is THAT! I'm not sure where the {21} is from (sorry!) The 'seriously?' is from MFT's Twisted Threesome stamp set. The circles and ovals were cut from nestabibilities by Spellbinders. Oh! I almost forgot the puzzle stamp is from Hero Arts.

Here is the sketch:


Thanks for stopping by! One of these days I'll get myself more organized and get my cards entered sooner rather than at the last minute! (it can happen! LOL!)

Have a great day today!

Chris ☺

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous masculine card design, and a great take on that fun sketch! Love the border punch you used and LOVE the sentiment. It made me laugh because I can so relate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.