Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mmmmm Chocolate!

Hi all! We are having another gorgeous day today. Been outside with my fur baby, Colby for a while, but just came in to post this card that I'm entering for the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #164.


Here's the inside: I'm so in love with this sentiment! LOL!


Seriously, they had me in mind when they created this stamp! Ha! Here is the sketch:


So, did anyone catch that sale from My Craft Channel for the MME Follow Your Heart collection? I did, and that's what I'm using for this card. I've been feeling homesick and depressed the last few weeks so I sorta, kinda did some retail therapy with paper collections and stamps. The stamp set is also a new addition to my arsenal of stamps. (Hello, my name is Chris Dring and I am a stamp and paper hoarder. There. I said it. It's out in the open now. Whew, I feel much better now! LOL!) Some people buy clothes. I go for paper crafting supplies. Just sayin'.

The stamps and die are from My Favorite Things: Dip Me In Chocolate set; Twisted Threesome; and the die-namics from the Vertical Greetings set. (Karen Giron, I was trying to make you proud!) The brad and rhinestones are also from MME. I stitched around one of the panels with my Sew Easy from WRMK. I colored her using my Marvy Uchida markers. Oh, question for any/everybody: When you emboss your card, how do you take the picture without it coming out looking white? I embossed her in black but even without a flash, she still came out white. Grrrrr!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I think it's time for a glass of wine now! Enjoy!

Chris ☺

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable card, Chris! Such a fun image, and that sentiment totally made me smile. Love your take on that sketch, too. It is spot on! Great papers and colors. Love the embossing. Don't know why it looks white in the photo??
    Glad you got a little pick-me-up with some retail therapy. We all need that every once in awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.