Saturday, May 13, 2017

JUST US GIRLS #393 Trend Week

Hello crafty friends!
Sue is hosting Trend Week at
and she wants you to create a background using any type of ink
you have, be that Distress Inks or Oxides, or any dye inks or sprays.

Here's my card:

 and the inside:


I haven't jumped onto the Distress Oxide bandwagon yet, as I still have plenty of
the Distress Inks to play with, and that's what I used, doing the smooshing technique.
After it was completely dry, I used my MISTI to stamp the image and sentiment multiple
times to get a dark coverage.* I still felt it needed something, so I tinted some crackle embossing
paste with dark chocolate acrylic paint and applied it to opposite corners. 
Once that dried, the panel was framed with dark brown cs and adhered 
to the card base with foam tape. 

Ready to play along? Of course you are! Simply link up at Just Us Girls
so we can admire it! If you need more ideas, please check out the amazing
creations that my teammates and our Guest Designer, Kathie Durgan
have made, and leave them some bloggy lovin!
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
* Pay no attention to the fact that I forgot to ground the image with a shadow. Ugh!


I'd like to enter this at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #36 - put a stamp on it











Supplies:
Stamps: Viva Las Vegas Stamps - hippo racer; Unity Stamps - sentiments
Ink: Ranger DI - Iced Spruce, Shabby Shutters, Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs; 
Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: Darice
Accessories: GC; Avery Elle - Pierced Rect. die; MISTI; Dreamweaver - Crackle Embossing
Paste; Deco Art - Americana Dark Chocolate Acrylic paint; water mister; paintbrush
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Scotch foam tape

11 comments:

  1. Your background totally rocks! I love that image and sentiment, it made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one awesome stamp! And great with the background and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a cute image....I have never seen one like it. I love your background too, great colors and that texture is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOL, I love the image and sentiment! that's awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Monthly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This soooooo totally cool and so you Chris. Love it! Awesome layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inky background, Chris! Love the textured corners, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad I am not the only one OXIDELESS...lol! You did an amazing job Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color combo, Chris, and Crackle Paste? Why didn't I know about that!? It added a great accent to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT card! EXCELLENT idea to color your crackle embossing paste!! Thank you soooo much for playing along with The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge ~ Put a Stamp on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pssst, Chris… you won the random prize draw at Mixed Media Monthly! Congrats! =) Go check it out to see what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.