Tuesday, May 9, 2017

SHOPPING OUR STASH #302 - Put a Button On It


Hello crafty peeps!
This week at
we want to see buttons on your cards or projects.
Pretty simple, huh?
Here's my take on the challenge:


and the inside:

Ok, so I only put one button on my card. But, it came from the collection of 
buttons that my Mom gave to me years ago. And she got the collection from
my Grandmother. Back in the day, they would salvage any buttons
that they could from coats/hats/pants/shirts/etc. So I find it nice to think that
this particular button came from a coat that my Aunt Jo 
had from when she was 13 years old. 
It's a comforting thought. ☺

Now it's your turn to break out those buttons and use them! Just link up to
Shopping Our Stash so we can admire your creations! For more
ideas, be sure to visit the blogs of my teammies and while there, leave
them some love! Thanks for visiting, have a great day!

Hugs,

I'd like to enter this at:
Jingle Belles - My True Love Gave To Me - A partridge in a pear tree (well, no tree, but
there is a pear!)

 



Supplies:
Stamps: Some Odd Girl - Partridge; Lawn Fawn - And a Partridge; Stampin Up - Suite Seasons (From Stephanie!)
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa; Ranger DI - Pine Needles, Brushed Corduroy; VersaMark
DP: Francis Meyer - Balsam and Pine (2006!)
CS: TE; Darice
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils; GC; Std. Lg Circle Nesties; Darice - Sheet Music EF; Stampendous - Champagne EP; heat gun; MISTI; button and twine from my stash
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Glue Dots

11 comments:

  1. Yep... love this card! Great assemblage, and you know me and birds... 💖. I have my grandmother's stash in my mix, and there are many with fabric remnants. Fun to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not just a BRILLIANT use of that fab button (with awesomefamily history attached!) but also a great take on our "12th day of xmas" theme at JINGLE BELLES!!! you've rocked it times two with this card, missus!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. A partridge with a pear and trees in the background....that TOTALLY counts!!!
    Fab card sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your partridge with his pear looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to break out my vintage button collection and join the fun ... I always found it so peaceful going through my grandma's button jar ... so glad you helped us celebrate the Twelve Days of Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card, great take on the sketch and of course going with a Holiday card is perfect for the Jingle Belles (I couldn't find time, again)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get your attachment to this beautiful button, I love it that it's squared.
    Fabulous combination of this challenges, love that Partridge with it's pear and the beautiful pattern paper you used for the background.
    The music embossed panel gets you singing this song, awesome detail.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this card! Love the image and the background paper. It has a spring feel to it, but definitely a Christmas theme. Thank you for playing along with Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that background paper. Clever to put the music there too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chris, this is perfect! I love the music embossing and the background paper. The partridge in a pear tree is so fun! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.