Tuesday, May 31, 2016

SHOPPING OUR STASH #254 - The 4 Elements



Hello crafty peeps and welcome! This week at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we want to see what you create using one (or more) of the 4 elements: Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water! Here is my card, using the fire element:


 and here is the inside:

I can't take credit for this idea. It was the brainchild of my hubby! LOL! I just took it and ran with it! I used a star stencil and pressed a VersaMark pad directly to it, sprinkled silver embossing powder then heat set it. It came out really messy, but I kinda liked it so I used it. The sentiment is computer generated. On the inside, I stamped the bottom row of candles. I didn't get full coverage on one of them so I tried to stamp over it, but I didn't line the image up perfectly and it gave a blurry image. DOH!!! So what I did was stamp over a few other candles, to achieve the blurry effect, like I totally meant to do that! I outlined all the flames with a yellow Spectrum Noir marker. 

Now it's your turn to create something using one (or more) of the 4 elements! We look forward to seeing your creation in the Shopping Our Stash gallery. While there, please check out what my teammies made for your viewing pleasure and leave them some bloggy love! Speaking of teammies, we have four new members joining our design team starting in June! Welcome Stacey, Mimi, Maria, and Cyndi!! Glad to have you aboard! 

Thanks for visiting, and I hope that you have a great day!!


I'd like to enter this at:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - ATG














Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Space Cadet; Stampendous - Party Invite
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; VersaMark
CS: Darice; Crafter's Companion
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; Whispers - Silver EP; heat gun; Computer & printer; Heidi Swapp - start stencil
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Thin 3D foam squares

8 comments:

  1. i love that your hubs acts as "silly card muse" that is very handy for a crafty gal!!! this is awesome, btw! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!! This is great!! I love greeting and the little scene you created. The highlight in the states is perfection!

    P.S. Hubbys are great huh? Mine helps me too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job and such fun! Tell your hubby to keep up the good work! :D)
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job, loved the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, Chris! So funny! Just my kind of humor!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card. Love the humour :) Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love it! The little space scene on the front is super adorable, and all the candles on the inside is a total fun surprise. Kuddos to your hubby on that great idea, and kuddos to you on the brilliant way to fix your stamping "mistake". I totally love the bit of grunge the double stamping adds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.