Tuesday, November 24, 2020

SHOPPING OUR STASH #434 - Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

 

Hello friends and welcome!

The new challenge starts today at

SHOPPING OUR STASH,

and as I'm sure you've guessed, we would like to see

snow in some form on your projects!

Here's what I came up with:

and the inside:

I bought this gorgeous snowflake tree stamp at least a year ago, and

I'm only inking it up now. (For Shame!)

I first stamped and heat embossed it in white EP. Then I sprinkled

Magenta Nuance powder dyes in Cerulean Blue and Purple and

used a water mister on it. The hardest part is setting it aside to dry

on it's own. Once it was, I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed

it in white also. To ground the tree, I simply drew some 'land' with a white Gelly Roll pen.

Since I had the items out, I made another panel!

This one uses Violet and Raspberry powder inks:

and the inside:


I hope that you can find time to play along this fortnight in our

snow challenge at Shopping Our Stash!

For more ideas, do check out what my teammies created

for your viewing pleasure. Thanks for visiting.

I hope that you have a great day!


 

I'd like to enter this at:

NBUS Challenge #20 

ABC Christmas Challenge - W for winter wonderland

Mix It Up Challenge Blog #43 - ATG + make your own background 




Supplies:

Stamps: Crackerbox & So Suzy Stamps - Blowing Snowflake Tree; Avery Elle - Merriest

Ink: Versamark; Memento - Bahama Blue, Grape Jelly

CS: Strathmore mixed media; Taylored Expressions; Bazzill

Accessories: Magenta Nuance powder dyes; water mister; MISTI; Stampendous - white EP;

heat gun; GC; Avery Elle - double pierced rectangle die

Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner

8 comments:

  1. What STUNNING cards, so happy you inked it up (bet itis too) the backgrounds are just phenomenal. LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brilliant color combos for your stunning backgrounds, Chris! That tree is wow-amazing and it just comes alive in white against the colors. I love how you complete your insides, too! I recently played with my powdered inks again and I had forgotten how amazing and fun they are! (I even left them out to play some more which almost never happens!) Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an amazing card! that background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the background and that snowflake tree....awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Chris! Love the combination of the swirly tree and colours, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love that gorgeous stamp and background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a WOW card! YOu worked magic with your watercolour powders, and that is a beautiful tree image to catch the paint as it moves. And I get to thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - love the colours!
    Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.