Saturday, May 16, 2020

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #160 - Y is for Yellow


Good morning snarky peeps and welcome!
Doesn't Edna look divine in that (possibly borrowed) yellow ball gown?!
Yellow being the key word here, as that is our new challenge
 I must admit, it's not a color I wear a lot of. In fact, I think the only yellow
article of clothing I own is a t-shirt. But I persevered and came up
with this little gem of a card:


I don't know why I picked that particular embossing folder except
for thinking yellow=bees=honeycomb. This was an entirely different
design than first thought. The white panel was die cut from a 
rectangle die and originally was going to be centered on the base.
 I put it down, and it landed in about the same position as you see now, 
and I thought, hmmmm, I kinda like that.
So I lightly pencil marked where I needed to trim it,
stamped the image then cut it.
I couldn't think of anything snarky to go with this, so I made
up for the lack of snark with a couple swear words. LOL!


All the little dots around this chic have been dotted with some Nuvo Glitter Drops.
but even trying an angle shot specifically to see that, it still doesn't
show up at all. Again, crack photography skillz! 
I hope that you find some time to play along in our YELLOW challenge
For more ideas, do check out what my sisters and our reigning
Queen, Rosmarie, have created to enthrall you.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!



Supplies:
Stamps - Unity - Celebrate the New, Keep That Shit Up
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: SN; TE
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; GC; Avery Elle - Pierced rectangle die; Sizzix - Honeycomb EF; homemade folder frame; MISTI; Nuvo Glitter Drops - White Blizzard
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares

8 comments:

  1. This is freakin' awesome Chris! I LOVE that honeycomb design and your girl! She has the perfect attitude to go with your awesome saying!! I LOVE it!!! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the positioning of the focal point. I'd have never known that wasn't your intention from the start. I'm definitely going to remember your trick of "when at a loss, add profanity". hahahaha! This card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, I have trouble doing those shetches with odd angles but you pulled it off and I might even be able to do it Love the girl and your colouring is always phenomenal. Great sentiment. I'll remember that if I can't think of snark put a swear word in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have a couple of yellow shirts, but that really is it. Your card is all kinds of fabulous, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!
    Love the layout and of course the snark.
    I don't think I own anything yellow - doesn't work well with my uber pasty complexion and white hair lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lo happy accidents, it looks cool. I love yellow! If I feel up to it I may have tojoin in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for happy accidents! Of course, it's also okay to not admit it and just take all the credit. :D Love this card - the colouring, the texture, and of course the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layout for a fantastic card! Love the accident!! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.