Friday, October 5, 2018

STAMPlorations October Theme & Sketch Challenge!

Hello and welcome crafty friends!
It's October and that means the monthly challenges at
STAMPlorations are beginning again! Yay!

Today starts the new Theme & Sketch Challenge!
The theme for October is 'Stamps & Autumn', and below is the sketch:




You'll see that most of my teammates used leaves on their projects.
Me? When I think Autumn, the first thing that comes to mind is
Halloween - my all time favorite holiday! LOL!
Using both the theme and sketch, this is what I created:


I started by sponging purple ink over the Cobweb ARTplorations stencil on
the bottom part of my panel. Next I stamped the big eyed robot from the Big Robots stamp
set, colored the head, fussy cut and added Glossy Accents to the eye. While this dried,
I did some major masking using an 'e' and 'k' from the Big Greetings stamp set.
I colored the words in an ombre way using yellow and green Prismacolor pencils.
Once the Glossy Accents dried, I adhered the 'spider body' onto my card, drew the
legs, and adhered the sentiment and googly eyes. It's such a thrill when you
figure out a way to use stamps in a completely different way!

Ready to play along? I KNOW you are!
For a chance at winning some great prizes, here are a
few things to keep in mind:

  • Link up any type of project(s) based on the theme, the sketch, or both.
  • You must use stamps in your project(s) -- rubber, clear, or digi from any company. Non-STAMPlorations stamps are OK.
  • Link up to 6 entries and link up to as many other challenges as you want.
  • You must display the challenge graphic in your post (if linking from your blog) and link back to the challenge post (not just the main blog) in order to be eligible to win (and receive the corresponding prize).
  • Link up by the last day of the month, 11:55 p.m. Pacific.

More details are on the STAMPlorations blog. I hope you find some
time to play along in the Theme & Sketch challenge!

Need the items I used on my card?
Use my discount code STAMPGIRLCHRIS for 20% off!

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a great day!


Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations - Big Robots, Big Greetings
Ink: Memento - Grape Jelly, Tuxedo Black
CS: TE; Crafter's Companion; Darice
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; Prismacolor pencils; MISTI; STAMPlorations - Cobweb stencil; Faber Castell - black Artist PITT pen; Ranger - Glossy Accents; Westrim & Nicole - googly eyes
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, Thin 3D foam squares; Glue Dots; Ranger - Multi Medium Matte

5 comments:

  1. Chris, this just cracks me up! I never saw a spider in that stamp set!! Great card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally brilliant... And kinda creepy too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a brilliant take on the sketch, Chris, and quite fun apart from the spider (eek!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very clever here Chris. Love your take on the sketch - it cracked me up. I'm not into halloween but this card is so 'cool'. Just glad that spider is at your house. Those googly eyes are a great finisher.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.