Saturday, August 11, 2018

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #116 - D is for Denim


Hello snarky friends and welcome to another fun challenge
D is for Denim!

Look at Edna, spitting in the face of the fashion police, and getting
her double denim on! Such a rebel! LOL!

I haven't made an art journal page in months, so that's what I did for this challenge:


I found a quote to use while searching on Mr. Google.
I couldn't find the source of this quote, so if anyone
knows, leave me a comment so I can give credit. Thanks!

I tried using rubbing alcohol and a scrap of denim as a resist on the gal's dress,
to make it look as if her dress was denim.
On my first attempt, the scrap of denim was too saturated, and 
bled way too much. 


My second attempt worked much better!


Tip: if you try this technique, do this step first, and
be sure the rubbing alcohol is completely dry before coloring the
rest of it, otherwise what you color next will bleed.

I colored her with Spectrum Noir markers and added details
with Prismacolor pencils. I fussy cut her out and set aside to
work on my page.

I used pink, coral and orange acrylic paints for the base, then added
different stenciled images using the coral plus white and blue. I used
too much paint on some of the stencils, but decided to embrace the mess.



To hide the blobby blue mess I made with the blue paint, I simply
put the stencil back over it when it was dry and traced the image with a black
Artist PITT pen. I used alpha stamps to stamp the sentiment on copy paper.
I trimmed and glued them along with my peace gal onto the page with
matte medium.


After everything was dry, I added a shadow under her to ground her,
and doodled around the words and also added white dots to the blue leaves.
I still wasn't finished stenciling, so I used another one and traced some
flowers with a gold pen. I also added Stickles to her flower tiara and the 
peace sign she's holding.



Here's another pic of the finished page:


Yay, you made it to the end! LOL!
Now it's your turn to make something pertaining to denim, and link up at
the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! We'd love to see your take on
this challenge. Need some ideas? Simply visit the blogs of my Sisters to
see what amazing creations they came up with, and please leave some
bloggy love while there. We all love comments!
Thanks for visiting, now go forth and get your craft on!





I'd like to enter this at:





Supplies:
Strathmore Art Journal
Stamps: MFT - ALM Groovy Girl; Studio G - Alphas
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Staz On - Jet Black
CS: Crafter's Companion; copy paper
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; PrismaColor pencils; Ranger - Stardust Stickles; Golden gesso;
DecoArt Americana acrylic paints - coral blush, tangerine, cotton candy, blue harbor, snow; various
paintbrushes; Dylusions stencils - fronds of foliage, old school numbers; Simon Says Stamp stencil - jazz dance; STAMPlorations stencil - daisy play; Faber Castell - bold & medium black Artist PITT pens; Sakura - gold and white Gelly Roll pens; General's black & brown chalk pencils; DecoArt Media matte medium; rubbing alcohol; scrap of denim

6 comments:

  1. Love this! Great texture on her dress - very clever, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is a great piece of art, dear Sistah ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and orange combination. Beautiful.Thank you for joining us at the HLS Mixed media challenge. - Priya Satish DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab journal page ..... the colours look great and I love the texture on her dress. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great journal page and love the little girl stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.