Saturday, September 9, 2017

Trick or Treat (or whatever)

Hello crafty friends!
Boy, it's been almost a month since I've blogged! Hubs and I went on vacation from August 19th
through September 3rd, driving back to Illinois and Wisconsin to visit with
both our families. In there was a 50th Wedding Anniversary party, my 
niece got married, and my great niece and nephew (twins) had a party to 
celebrate their 5th birthday. Lots to do!
Most of my posts from August until the beginning of September were scheduled.
This is a rare post: it will go live as soon as I hit the publish button - not scheduled!

While on vacation, I was able to get a little coloring in.
(I can't leave on vacation without SOME type of craft supplies, so I took
my pencils and markers along with a bunch of images to color)

Since it's getting on to my favorite holiday - Halloween, I took
along some Grumplings in Costume stamps. Here's one of
the images made into a card:


 and the inside:

This grumpy cat-o-lantern was colored with PrismaColor pencils on kraft card stock.
I used a Faber-Castell PITT artist pen to re-draw the outline, since
the pencils tend to make them fade.
You know what I realized? I don't have a Halloween
themed embossing folder. Not one.
I need to fix that.
And I will. (wink)

It was great to get back to my craft room again. So I'll
be making more cards soon.
But not sure when.
Hubby and I just started binge watching Game of Thrones so....

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fantastic day!


I'd like to enter this card at:

 



Supplies:
Stamps: Taylored Expressions - Grumplings in Costume; SSS - Trick or Treat
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tangelo
DP: DCWV - Spooky Delight Stack
CS: Recollections, scraps
Accessories: GC; Taylored Expressions - Grumplings in Costume die; SB - Sm & Lg Std Circle
Nesties; PrismaColor Pencils; Faber-Castell Artist PITT pen; MISTI; Cuttlebug EF; Jolee's 
Boutique rhinestones
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, Thin 3D foam squares

4 comments:

  1. This is great, Chris. The pencil colours look really good against the kraft, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mon Chris... even I have a couple of Halloween embossing folders, what's going on?!? The swirls work just fine though, and your grumpling is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Halloween card Chris! I love the embossed background and the image is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your grumpy little pumpkin and how fun is he on that graveyard background! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.