Saturday, March 11, 2017

JUST US GIRLS #384 - Trend Week

Good morning friends and welcome! At JUST US GIRLS, Maria is your hostess for
Trend Week, and she's picked a most excellent trend - STENCILS!
I went and made a few tags using a couple of them:



I started out with a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of white cardstock, and spritzed it using a few
colors of Dylusions spray inks. I then sponges black soot DI over it using a couple stencils. I was able to cut out three tags from it. I stamped some fun snarky sentiment and a couple retro gals to add, and finished with some ribbon. 




Yep, So fun!

Now it's your turn. Break out those stencils and make something fun! Be sure to
link up at Just Us Girls so that we can admire it. Need more ideas? Well then, just 
visit the blogs of my teammies, and our Guest Designer, Nancy and leave them 
some bloggy love! 

Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful day!


I'd like to enter this at:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Make your own background
613 Avenue Create - ATG with twist (no digis)














Supplies:
Stamps: Dylusions - Quote Bubble; Riley & Co. - Ethel , Midge Winking
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Black Soot
CS: Taylored Expressions
Accessories: Dylusions ink spray - Fresh Lime, Vibrant Turquoise, Crushed Grape; Dylusions stencils - quote bubble & triangles; GC; STAMPlorations - ATC & Tag Builder dies; Ranger - sponge tool; May Arts - ribbon; MISTI; Fray Check
Adhesives: SA by 3L - Thin 3D foam squares

16 comments:

  1. I love these - the black and white images really pop against the stunning coloured backgrounds. And of course that is my absolute favourite sentiment set - but you already knew that!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tags, love the sentiments great use of the stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those backgrounds are SUPER! Love the colors! Nicely done Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to color the card stock first and then use the stencil with black ink!!! That, my dear, is GENIUS!!! What a cool effect....I'm trying this one for sure. Thanks for the great inspiration! LOVE these tags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning tags Chris...great stencilling on you background...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...enjoy the rest of your weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how much I love these tags! Love the vibrant colors of the background. It reminds me of those scratch off sketchboard things I had so much fun with in gradeschool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent stencilling and the sentiments are so you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great technique! I love how you spritzed it with color first then added the black! Such cool tags!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah love tags! Great backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fan - tabulous tags Chris. Truly awesome and totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These tags are fantastic! I love how you sprayed them and then stenciled in the Black Soot! Love those retro images and fun sentiments, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Black inking over the bright sprays made a wonderful background, Chris. These are such fun tags.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tags! I love the snark too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have created an amazing background for your tags. I love the vintage image and sentiment
    Great to have you stopping by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.