Tuesday, January 31, 2017

SHOPPING OUR STASH #288 - Days of Yore


Good Tuesday morning to you, friends! I'm your hostess this week at SHOPPING OUR STASH! For our challenge, we want to see your cards or projects that have an old world/vintage/distressed/shabby chic look to them. Here's what I came up with:


 and a bit of snark on the inside!

I bet you thought this was going to be one of those mushy Valentine cards. HA! Fooled you!

Much of what I've used on my card is at least 7 years old. The DP, the rhinestones, the pearl flowers, all from 2008 or 2009! I think the stamp set I used is from 2010. Score! All the DP paper have the edges inked and distressed. The rhinestone flower stems and pearl flowers were frankensteined together from two different packages. (And I still have leftovers of both!) The sentiments were both on one line each, but I cut them in half-ish (Gasp!) and used my MISTI to line up the two parts.

So, ready to get your vintage on? I hope so, we'd love to see what you create at Shopping Our Stash!
This is Marina's last day as our Guest Designer. I'd like to say a BIG THANK YOU for joining us this month. Your creations are amazing and I hope to see more of them in our gallery!

I'd also like to welcome Ina, of Little Bits of Craft as our February Guest Designer! I am looking forward to working with you (more!) and seeing what you create with the SOS Crew! 

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a very enjoyable day!

I'd like to enter this at Case this Sketch #206


Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - Twisted Threesome
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa; Ranger DI - Vintage Photo
DP: Graphic 45 - Le Romantique
CS: TE; Darice
Accessories: Prima - rhinestone & pearl flourishes; MISTI; Simplicity - lace; Fray Check; Tonic - distressing tool; Ranger - sponging tool
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Recollections - red tape

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful project, Chris! Your components all complement each other perfectly! Nice work!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love this! Beautiful vintage design on the cover, with that bit of Chris snark we all love on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he he he loves it!!
    So pretty and soft and sweet on the outside...then BAM...sock it to ya on the inside.
    This is my favourite kind of card and you have ROCKED IT sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous card, love all the elements on it. Love the sentiment I think I really need that one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful!! I love that image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous lovey dovey vintage/shabby chic card Chris then reality hits when you open it LOL
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We know you, Chris... we would have been disappointed if it was straight-on mushy! But it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahahaha!! Love that sentiment and, as soon as I read the one in front, I knew what the one inside would say. Lovely card, so romantic and fun, love all the bling and beautiful lace, the image is gorgeous.
    Fab card.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.