Friday, October 21, 2016

You're next....

I was embracing my dark side yesterday. This is what came about:


 here is the inside:



The bell jar and voodoo doll are two separate stamps, I just did a bit of masking to sit the doll inside the jar. (pay no attention to the fact that I stamped it crooked...even using my MISTI. sigh. Note to self: in future, stamp image first then die cut panel! Sigh) The image was colored with my Spectrum Noir markers. I sort of CASEd the coloring of this card by Hermine Koster. (Thank you Hermine, for the inspiration!) Once I had the image colored, I masked it and sponged a couple colors of Distress Ink around it. I flicked water over the panel, let it sit  a few seconds, and sopped it up with a paper towel. Then I spritzed Graphite Glimmer Mist over it, before removing the mask. I knew the sentiment I wanted to use, but didn't have a stamp that said it, so I did a bit of masking parts of a couple stamps to come up with it. That's heat embossed in white onto black cardstock. The inside panel was stamped then more sponging applied to finish my card.

I need to tap into my dark side more often. This was too much fun to make! Muahahahahaha!!!

Thanks for visiting!


Spectrum Noir markers used:
Doll: TN1, GB2, GB3, TN3, TN6, TN7, BG1-2-4-6-8
Bell jar: BT2, BT3, Blender, IG2-3-5

I'd like to enter this at:
Viva Las Vegas Stamps October challenge: Demonic - I was inspired by the tans/oranges/black colors and the sponged edges. And, come on, a creepy voodoo doll!
Cardz 4 Guys #142 Boo! Halloween
The Male Room #46 - Halloween
Spectrum Noir October Challenge - Halloween colors

 














Supplies:
Stamps: Viva Las Vegas Stamps - sitting voodoo doll, bell jar; MFT - Twisted Threesome; Hampton Arts - Beware
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso; VersaMark
CS: Crafter's Companion; Taylored Expressions; DCWV, scrap
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; GC; STAMPlorations - crazy double stitched rectangle die; MISTI; Stampendous - white EP; heat gun; Prisma Color pencil - 70% warm grey; Sakura - white Gelly Roll pen; Tattered Angels - Graphite Glimmer Mist; water mister; Inkadinkado - masking paper
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, Thin 3D foam squares; 3M - foam tape

9 comments:

  1. Your doll is so creepy! I love it! I also never would have noticed it was crooked until you mentioned it! We are our own worst critics! I absolutely love this card!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, fellow crooked MISTI stamper! (Leslie would have been so proud of us.) Not too surprisingly, I love this card! Such a fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that's a seriously creepy image, spooky card !

    thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz this week

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fabulous ! Love it ! Thank you for joining us over at VLVS!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly CAS and I like the dark side! Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with our Halloween challenge at The Male Room this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE it! A bit dark and creepy, but absolutely fabulous! Love how you combined those two images, and your coloring is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sistah, such a clever idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine! Awesome card! So happy you joined us over at VLVS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW!! You should embrace your darkside more often!!! Thank you for joining the VLVS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.