Saturday, June 25, 2016

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #62 O is for Outer Space



Good morning snarky peeps! We have a new challenge starting today at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS: O is for Outer Space! That's right, we want to see your space backgrounds, or space ships, or moonscapes, etc. Just wait until you see the amazeballs creations of the Sisters and our Guest Designer, Sharon. OMG! Here is my take on the challenge:


 ...and the inside:

I think this was probably the hardest challenge for all of the Sisters. Most of us made pretty garbage before figuring it out. The galaxy panel was my second try. I used various inks smooshed on my craft mat, spritzed with water and randomly painted on water color paper. Once dried, I sprinkled gold embossing powder around it, adding those three bigger clumps. I took a stick pin and carefully made swirls in them to create my spiral galaxies, then heated the panel from underneath. The sentiment is stamped with alpha stamps. I found this hoarded gold holographic paper and used it to frame the main panel. (and yes, it's very hard to photograph, BTW) Here's another shot:


Now it's your turn to explore brave new worlds. To link up your project at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! To go boldly, yada yada yada. LOL! Please do yourself a big favor by visiting the blogs of my Sisters and our Guest Designer, Sharon, and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for visiting!



I'd like to enter this at Seize the Birthday - ATG













Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Alphadots, Digits
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Paris Dusk, Nautical Blue, Teal Zeal, Elderberry; VersaMark
DP: Hot Off The Press
CS: Darice; Bazzill
Accessories: Strathmore water color paper; GC; SSS- Frame dies; Stampendous - Alexandrite & Champagne EP; heat gun; pin; Fiskars - corner rounder; Faber Castell - artist PITT pen; paint brush
Adhesives; SA by 3L - tape runner, Thin 3D foam squares; Scotch foam tape

7 comments:

  1. I love the cover, it is great, but the sentiment inside is what knocks this card to outerspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a witty card, brought a smile to my face x Fabulous job on the galaxy background, loving the techniques and the embossing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha - hilarious! Great card! Perhaps I'll find some time to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous and witty card by Chris. awesome background, those galaxies are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pfffffffffffft
    That inside sentiment is awesome!
    The outside layer is super cool! Love how you've created your outer spaciness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your spiral galaxies are out of this world! (I know, so bad it's hilarious.) A perfect outer space snarky card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, great sentiment! I love that! And your galaxy space scene is fabulous! Nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.