Tuesday, June 30, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #208 - Baubles, Buttons and Bows



Hello crafty peeps! It's time for a new challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! We are challenging you to use baubles, buttons, and/or bows! Now, we don't mean for you to slap a rhinestone or enamel dot on your card and call it done. Noooooo. When we say bauble, we are talking about a charm you've had for ever. Maybe a bottle cap. Perhaps you have an old brooch you've been hoarding for decades. Got a cool looking ribbon slide? It's time to use it! LOL! Now that I've explained what we mean by bauble, let me show you my card that has not baubles, but buttons on it:


 here's the inside:

I didn't have any teal buttons, so I colored a couple white ones with a SN marker, because that's how I roll. I used a much beloved and hoarded paper stack for this card. (Mariposa Stack by DCWV) I tried to do some selective die cutting with the hummingbird image. After a couple failed attempts, I think I finally figured out how to do that now. ☺(I love this stamp - if you look closely, it's actually butterflies made to look like a bird! Awesomesauce!) 

So, time now for you to dig out those buttons, bows and/or baubles and make a card or project. Just link it up at Shopping Our Stash so we can see it! Please do check out the fabulous creations by the other gals and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic day!


I'd like to enter this at:
Just Add Ink #268














Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado - Mind Scapes; Hero Arts - Everyday sayings
Ink: Simon Says Stamp - Olive; Ranger DI - Antique Linen
DP: DCWV - Mariposa Stack
CS: Bazzill; Darice
Accessories: GC; Sm & Lg Standard Circle Nesties; Paper Smooches - Flag Tag dies; buttons from stash; SN marker; DMC floss
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D & thin 3D foam squares

12 comments:

  1. Love the colors, the custom-colored buttons, and that you explained "bauble" so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab job!! Love the pretty colours...and I love that you coloured your own buttons!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, the colours and papers you've used are beautiful. Very clever way to create a hummingbird, too! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Chris! Your colours and DSP choices are gorgeous and I love your created hummingbird - so clever! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Love those colours together. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris l love your colours and elements, such a lovely use of the Just Add Ink sketch. Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, gorgeous colours awesome stamp. Yes I love my Mariposa stack pad too. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card, Chris! I really love what you did with the buttons and those background layers! What an awesome framework it makes for your main image. And what a cool main image it is! Love that you colored your own buttons, too. Seriously great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card! Love the colorful and gorgeous layers! Sorry, it's been awhile since I stopped here. Been really busy with work and life in general. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and just love the colours you used. That background paper is gorgeous and you've used the sketch perfectly. So glad you joined us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, I do have a *bauble* found for me on the beach... ;) That is one very cool stamp, and a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love that hummingbird! So cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.