Thursday, June 11, 2015

...had a shiny nose

Hello there. It's been what seems like a long time since I've made a card for challenges other than my DT duties. Life has finally slowed down some, so it was high time to get crafty. Here's a card I made this afternoon:


 Here's the inside:

I usually cut all my square/rectangle panels with a paper trimmer. I splurged and recently bought the pierced rectangle dies and the zig zag stitch square dies. I'm loving them! 

You can see the stitches better here.

I really like how this card came out, and I have yet another Christmas card done! Woo hoo! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

I'd like to enter this card at:

AAA Cards #41 - Woodland animals
 













Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn - And A Partridge; Hero Arts - Merry Christmas Message
Ink: Memento - Gray Flannel
DP: MME - Ooh La La
CS: Darice; Recollections
Accessories: GC; Taylored Expressions - birch tree accessories (deer); Avery Elle - Double Pierced Rectangle dies; MFT - Zig Zag Stitched Squares Die-Namics; Hampton Arts - rhinestones; Spectrum Noir BP7 &  DR2 markers
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, thin 3D foam squares; Glue Dots

11 comments:

  1. Great Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and striking take on our woodland challenge Chris and a superb challenge combo
    Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job and kudos for working on Christmas cards. I like that sketch might have to try it even if it's misses the deadline. love the new dies, not sure they have hit Canada yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is fabulous! I love your festive take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris I LOVE this card!
    Thanks for playing along at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Chris. Love the square pieces with the border. The deer die-cut looks great. Nice take on the colors and the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sure I'd already commented on this card... I love it! The four squares are the perfect way to highlight Rudolph!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great holiday card design! Love the detail that the embellished die cuts give to your layout. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO fabulous! I love that deer! And love the quilted squares behind it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color blocks beneath that wonderful die cut. Fantastic take on all three challenges!!! Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on getting started on your Christmas cards so early - and what a great card to start with! I love the zig zag squares that you used for the background - definitely worth the "splurge"! Thanks for linking up to our Woodland Animals challenge this week at AAA Cards - it fits in perfectly! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.