Tuesday, March 24, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #194 - Neon Rainbow



Hello and good morning! We have a fun new challenge starting at SHOPPING OUR STASH! We are looking for rainbows! It could be interpreted as using a rainbow die cut, the colors of a rainbow, a picture of a rainbow, or, as the title suggests, you can use neon colors! Lots of options here! Here's the card I made:


 Here's the inside:

I started with a panel of water color paper. I stamped in VersaMark then heat embossed in clear EP. I used Distress Inks as my water colors. I smooshed the pads directly onto my craft mat, then took a paint brush loaded with water and scribbled on the colors, making sure each color touched the ones next to it so it bled together a bit. I'm digging this emboss resist technique! I rummaged around to find some iridescent rhinestones (more rainbows), and mounted the panel on my card base with foam squares. Super easy!

Here's a somewhat better pic of the embossing:

I hope that you get a chance to play along this week at Shopping Our Stash! Please check out what my teammies created - Wow! Amazing creations! Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day!


Supplies:
Stamps: Momenta; Some Odd Girl
Ink: VersaMark; Ranger DI - Barn Door, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord; Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: Strathmore water color paper; Darice
Accessories: WOW! - clear EP; heat gun; Recollections - rhinestones
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares

8 comments:

  1. Isn't emboss resist the BEST?! Such a great way to use the huge sentiments. And you got really vibrant colors from your distress inks. Color me impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, your colors are so vibrant and the technique is so well executed! I love your "Happy" card, it made me smile! Great job!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous rainbow card, I must try this technique. You have inspired me to try something new.Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that is absolutely stunning!! You need to do a video tutorial of that so I can watch!!
    Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHUT UP this is amazing! How have I never tried this? (smacks forehead) Perfectly blended and gorgeous and I LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! What a perfect rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply awesome. Fab beauty. Thank you for your visit and sweet luv.
    Berni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.