Sunday, July 13, 2014

Orange is the new black....

I've yet to see that show. (I only have basic cable - no Showtime or HBO). Guess I'll have to Netflix it sometime.

And now, the segway into my card, in which I based the colors from Color Throwdown #300:


 Here's the inside:

and the colors:

Now, as I look at this picture, the baja breeze color looks more greenish than when I was looking at it last night. Oh, well. :P All paper used on this card came from my s-crap bin. YAY! I even used some hoarded ribbon! The twine came from a stamp purchase and was tied around the stamps. I NEVER through away the free bits of twine, because I just know I'll use it at some point! And here you go!

So, there you have it. Thanks for stopping in for a visit, and I hope you have a great day! Stay crafty my friends!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Botanicals 1; Happy Birthday
Ink: Memento - Tangelo, Paris Dusk
DP & CS: scraps
Accessories: KI Memories - ribbon; EK Success - Deco Scallop punch; twine from stash
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Recollections - red tape

6 comments:

  1. The orange silhouette cut flowers are so eye catching, Chris! I would never think to do that.... very clever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those flowers in orange! Way to use your stash!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOHHHHHHHHHHH! I love the colors of this card--- it's perfect for just about anyone! Simple yet fabulous! LOOOOOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE:)


    THANKS for leaving some love on my blog--- you made my day <3 HUGS <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's TWO of us that haven't seen OITNB -- who knew! Beauty of a card, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the bold orange floral image. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to Netflix it, because it's only on Netflix :) *the more you know* Just make sure you set aside time to binge watch!
    That bold orange is FABULOUS! It makes the entire card pop - and me too on the twine that comes on packages. MINE! *my precious*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.