Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thinking of you....

I am over the top excited to be the guest star stamper this week for Color Throwdown #281! A first for me - it's a big deal! (Still having to pinch myself from time to time!) ☺ Ok, I know, enough with the gushing. (wink!) This week, the colors are Black, So Saffron, and Tangerine Tango. As always, if you don't have the exact colors, no problem, just use whatever you have that's close. The CTD team are really layed back that way!



Isn't that a gorgeous sunset? I wouldn't mind being on that beach right about now. I've had enough of winter! LOL! Here is what I did for the challenge:


I tried the iris folding technique, for the first time ever! (Why did I wait so long to try this out? It looks so hard to do, yet it's incredibly easy. Facepalm!) I used two different patterned papers each for the saffron and tangerine colors. I die cut the butterfly on the main panel and trimmed the outer edges slightly smaller than the black card base. I colored the edge of the butterfly with a black marker, stamped the sentiment, then got to work on the paper folding. Drew the antennae and added black rhinestones at the tips, then doubled up the foam squares to attach the main panel to the card base. I just love how this turned out!

I hope that you get a chance to play along this week at the Color Throwdown! Thanks for hanging out with me and I hope you have a fantastic day! Stay crafty my friends!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts - Everyday Sayings
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: MME - Everyday Tango (tangerine's); Colorbok; HOTP
CS: Recollections
Accessories: Making Memories - Slice die cutting machine & Basics 2 cartridge; American Crafts - black Slick Writer marker; Recollections - rhinestones; iris folding pattern printed from internet
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; American Crafts - foam dots

13 comments:

  1. The iris fold looks SO pretty on that butterfly! I've done the technique a few times myself, but never tried that shape before. How awesome! And huge congrats on your guest designer spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, your butterfly is such a gorgeous focal point! I've never tried that fold before, but you've inspired me to try! So happy to have you as our guest star stamper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iris folding!! It's been ages since I did that - this is GORGEOUS, Chris! Love the subtle patterns in the folding papers, and the black makes it all pop. HUGE congrats on the DT gig :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the well-deserved GD appointment, Chrispy!! That IS a gorgeous sunset and your iris-fold card matches it perfectly!! I've never tried that technie either coz it looks so hard. Hmmm.... Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is AMAZING! I've never seen anything like it before~

    ReplyDelete
  6. A well-deserved honour... congrats! And, um, wow on the card! Must now try iris folding. Not that I'll come close to this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris....love this big butterfly....wondered about the paper folding...another technique to try! So glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool, love the butterfly! I'll have to try it. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your Guest Star win, Chris...we are so glad to have you join us this week!!! Your card is beautiful...I have forgotten how fun this technique is!!! Thanks for the inspiration to try it again!!! I hope spring comes soon for your area...I can't imagine dealing with so much snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That iris folded butterfly is just amazing! These colors were perfect for it. Thanks so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME work on that iris folding, Chris! Your butterfly is stunning! It was great having you join us this week! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful iris folding on that butterfly! Such a wonderful use of the colors! Thanks so much for being our Guest Star this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Love that technique! That butterfly is gorgeous. Fabulous way of using the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.