Friday, January 24, 2014

Drunken Stampers Christmas card swap part II

Hello peeps and happy Friday! I have a few more cards to share from our first ever Drunken Stampers Christmas card swap.

First up today is the card I made for Diane:


Here is the inside:

This was based on DD Wanna Sketch #11. The paper collection has that cool border on some of the paper, and the green border was already embossed. The deer and inside sentiment were stamped in Rich Cocoa and I used red glitter embossing powder for the sentiment on the front. Loved how that worked out!

This second card is the one I sent to Barbara:


And the inside:

It's hard to see in the photo, but the beige panel is embossed with snowflakes. I saw the Glowing lights tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers and had to try it out. This was the first of two cards I made using this technique. I had so mush fun making this card, I made another similar one to send to a family member!

This last card I sent to Lindsey:


Here is the inside:

I've been making cards using the chalkboard technique more and more. I just think it's such a cool look and it's soooo easy to do! I used four sentiment stamps total from the same set. Some flowers and rhinestones from my stash finish it off nicely.

I have a few more to post, probably over the weekend sometime. Thanks for hanging out with me for a bit. I hope that you get to make some crafty goodness this weekend! Craft on my friends!

Chris
Supplies:
Holiday Wishes card:
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. - October 2012 KOM
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa; Versa Mark
DP: Deja Views - Fair Isle Christmas
CS: Recollections
Accessories: Whispers - red tinsel glitter EP; heat gun; Fiskars corner rounder
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares

Glowing trees card:
Stamps: Hampton Arts/G45 - Christmas Emporium
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Clear Snap - Canary, Orange, Scarlet; Heliotrope, blue iris
DP: Graphic 45 - Christmas Emporium
CS: Bazzill (beige); The Paper Co. (green)
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Darice - snowflake EF; Making Memories - Slice die cut machine & Noel cartridge; Sakura - white and metallic gold Gelly Roll pens; Q-tips
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares

Chalkboard card:
Stamps: MFT - Seasonal Sentiments
Ink: Clear Snap - Frost White; Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: DCWV
CS: Recollections (kraft); DCWV (red)
Accessories: White Prisma Color pencil; Prima - flower & leaves; brad & gold rhinestones from my stash; Recollections - red rhinestones

6 comments:

  1. Super cards, Chris! I love them all!! I especially love any sentence that contains the words "drunken stampers Christmas card swap"!! Have a wonderful wodka weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Chris, great techniques you used. I need to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I like the one you sent me best. :) They are all beautiful, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that we get to see all of your DS Christmas cards! They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the glowing lights - I tried to recreate that without the tutorial at hand & it was a disaster of epic proportions, lol! These are all so pretty (I still love mine best! neener neener neener!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your cards are so cute, Chris! I particularly love the chalkboard design. SO love how you added three large sentiment images and how you put the tiny gems between. SO gorgeous! Love the glowing lights on the tree, too. So amazing how real they look. And now I want to keep my eyes out for glittered embossing powder. How cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.