Friday, November 8, 2013

COWabunga!

You may be aware that I have a slight obsession with Paper Smooches stamps. They are so whimsical and cute! The punny sentiments are awesome! So it's a no brainer that I'm trying out for the current SPARKS DT Call. Here is the second card I made for it:


(The finished inside of my card:)


(Here is the inspiration picture:)


So, I had the Shadows stamp set out, and it occurred to me that the big speech bubble looked like a surf board. Ok, I can make that work! I choose some red polka dot dp, and using the back side of the stamp, I stamped on the back side of the paper and fussy cut. (Did that make sense?) Originally I was going to use one of the doggies from the Woofers & Tweeters stamp set. Then a eureka moment hit me when I thought about the sentiment, cowabunga. Use the cow stamp! (Did you happen to see that bright flash of light over Maryland? Yep, that was my eureka moment! LOL!) I colored and fussy cut the cow, cutting off and reattaching her tail to give the appearance of motion. I used a wave punch on vellum for the water, tucking the surfboard behind some of the waves. After die cutting and stamping the streamer, I used Alphadots to stamp 'COWabunga!' 

Isn't it amazing how a picture of a bedroom can inspire something completely different? Using the colors (red, green, white, and yellow-from the stripes in the stuffed animal's arms), some red polka dot paper, and my vivid imagination, I came up with this goofy card! I love it! I stamped the inside with a sentiment and another cow to complete my card.

Thanks for hanging out with me! It gives me great joy, not to mention an inflated ego, to read your comments! LOL! Have a great weekend my friends!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Green Acres, Alphadots, Shadows, Streamers, Digits, Slang Gang
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug, Gray Flannel
DP: Echo Park - Happy Days
Card stock: PS- Ed Collection (green); Recollections (white); Copic X-Press It
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Paper Smooches Dies - Power Rays, Streamers; Spectrum Noir markers; Glossy Accents; Recollections vellum; EK Success - Tidal Waves punch; 
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares; Elmer's extra strength glue stick; Scotch vellum tape



3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the whole thing, and the sentiment is so cute. Great take on the picture. awesome job. and good luck with the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did I see the flash of light, but I smelled this funny burning smell.
    Surf board - omg. And the vellum? And COWabunga? lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.