Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Love Machine...

Good afternoon and happy Tuesday to you all! I got a late start in blog land because I was waiting on a roofer guy to stop by to inspect our roof. We had a couple leaks in the attic and we need to either repair or replace. Well, as I suspected, alot of the slate tiles are damaged and it would be better to replace than to repair. So I guess remodeling the kitchen will be put on the back burner for yet another year. Last year we had to replace the furnace and AC unit. Oh the joys of home ownership!

So that said, I'll show you a card I made for the challenge on the Create blog: use chartreuse, aqua, and light gray.:


and the inside:


I had this negative die cut that I saved hoping to someday use it, and whadda you know? I finally got to use it! Added some gray stripe washi tape. I stamped the washing machine twice, fussy cut, adhered with some 3D foam squares, along with the die cut negative. On the inside, I did some masking with the 'i heart u' stamp. A clean and simple card. And I loved using non-traditional colors for a Valentine's card!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

Chris ☺

Supplies:
Card stock: Bazzill Basics (aqua); DCWV (chartreuse); Recollections (white)
DP: Echo Park - Metropolitan Dots & Stripes
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Squeaky Clean set, Freezy Fellas set; Hero Arts (Happy V-day)
Ink: Tsukineko - Tuxedo Black
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares
Washi Tape - Recollections
Marker - Marvy Uchida

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're pulling out some older scrap goodies here, too, Chris! ;) It is so hard to let stuff go, isn't it? Especially when it might come to good use someday, like here. LOVE the negative die cut and LOVE the fun washing machine stamp. Too cute!
    So sorry to hear about your roof. That will sure take a bite out of the old budget. I just had a major repair on my car, and then had to replace my washing machine this week......sigh.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. That's a very interesting color combo. Not one I would have thought of but it works!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.