Friday, November 2, 2012

Christmas happiness...

Ok, I know it's just BARELY into November, but I have to make A LOT of Christmas cards to send out. So, here is one I made yesterday. I'm entering this for the PageMaps card challenge.


The inside:


Here is the sketch:


This is one of the sketches from the September 2012 CardMaps. So strange I had that already out as I was going to make a card using one of the other sketches. (That will be for an upcoming post.)

When I saw this, I immediately thought of ornaments and a big snowflake. I used papers from Recollections Believe collection (love the patterns and colors in this line!) I added some dots of glitter glue to the snowflake, the center ornament, and also the 'a' and 'r' in the sentiment. (It's hard to see. I usually take pictures of my cards using natural light, but it's been so gloomy all week that I've had to use my Ott Lite.)

I hope you play along too. There's some swag from Freckled Fawn up for grabs! (Washi washi washi!! Woo hoo!!) Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great Friday!

Chris ☺

Supplies:
Card stock: Bazzill Basics
DP: Recollections - Believe
Stamps: Paper Smooches - All Yule Need (ornaments); Christmas Sampler (sentiments)
Ink: Tsukineko - Tuxedo Black; Clear Snap - Gold
Floss: DMC
Candy cane sticker: Jolee's Boutique
Other: Grand Calibur and Sm Std. Circles Nesties; Slice die cut machine and Noel cartridge; Cuttlebug embossing folder; DecoArt Craft Twinkles Writer

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I don't think it's too early to start and dh keeps reminding me about the one year I made a few cards each month. I can't seem to get in the mood in the summer to make christmas cards anymore though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful and elegant holiday card! Your idea of using the snowflake and ornaments was truly a stroke of genius with that sketch! Love the glittered accents and all the details! FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.