Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fun with aliens...

Good Sunday Morning! I wanted to share a couple cards I made last night. This first one I'm entering in the CAS-ual Friday's challenge #64, which is to feature things you see in the sky. Here is my wacky take on it:


And the inside:



I used two sets from Paper Smooches: Space Cadet and Metropolis. I embossed the scene and colored that adorable alien with Marvy Uchida markers and gave him a wiggle eye! LOL! The yellow star DP is from HOTP, the card stock is from Bazzill. On the inside I used alpha stickers from Making Memories. Loved making this card!

So to continue with the alien theme, I came up with this card:


inside..

I printed out the sentiment from the computer. (Don't be afraid to do that if you don't have a stamp handy! It's fun and you can play around with a boat load of fonts.) I used Paper Smooches Space Cadet stamp set again. I stamped him twice: once on the panel and again on patterned paper by October Afternoon, fussy cut that out and glued over the first image. I printed the guitar from clip art found on the internet, fussy cut that and glued to the alien. Easy peasy!

I'm also going to enter these for the Paper Smooches guest DT member call for next month. Wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

Chris ☺

11 comments:

  1. Came here to comment on your FWF...I'll do that in a minute...

    BUT...that first little alien is a SQUEAL! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Such a fun approach!! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun take on the challenge! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous. Your first card really made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cute monsters, especially the big eye of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun cards! I never thought I would need an alien stamp but now you've got me wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! great job on the layout and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way fun ~ especially love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris - what fun alien cards! I especially love the spacecraft over the cityscape. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these are so cute, Chris! I especially love the big googly eye on your first alien and your awesome coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.