Monday, August 20, 2012

Celebrate with butterflies

Hey all! Happy Monday morning. (?) I'm trying to get a couple cards entered for challenges...at the last minute....again. ;)  This card is for CTD205.


inside:


and the inspiration:


It's hard to see, but the butterflies in the inspiration photo are all sitting on white icing flowers, so that's what I went with. When I stamped the flowers, I got a little smudge of black on the card. DOH! So, since there are no accidents in our crafty world, I hid it with that little tag and threw in some ribbon and twine also! It wasn't planned that way, but I really like how it came out! I used a butterfly punch from Martha Stewart and punched them from scrap paper. They are adhered using Helmar 450 glue. (Love this stuff! It's like using hot glue without the fear of burning your fingers! And it's fast drying!)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

Chris ☺

Supplies:
card stock: Recollections
paper scraps
stamps: Inkadinkado - Doodle Flowers; Unity Stamps - sentiment from July 2012 KOTM
ink: Tsukineko Tuxedo Black
ribbon: LYB; twine - Doodlebug
tag: JoAnn Scrap Essentials
punches: Martha Stewart - butterflies; Fiskars - corner rounder
adhesive: Helmar 450; foam squares by SA by 3L

3 comments:

  1. LOVE all the dimensional butterflies! Thanks for joining us at the CTD this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh-I LOVE this card! Love the black and white of the background with the splashes of color from the butterflies. So amazingly cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.