Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch #157

Good afternoon to you! We are finally getting some warm weather out here on the east coast, but with it came rainy weather. Grrrr!!! (is it too much to ask for a sunny 80 degree day?) Since we have grey skies here, I used that as my inspiration for this card. I'm entering this in the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #157.


The inside of the card:

Here's the sketch:


I followed the sketch pretty closely except switched out the flower for a cloud. I heat embossed the tornado, swirl, cloud and the sentiment on the inside of the card. Since I had a weather theme going on, I used papers and stickers in shades of grey. For a little pop of color, I used some red ink for the sentiment on the front and red paper on the inside.

Have you ever seen a sketch and immediately knew which stamps and paper to use? I had one of those "eureka" moments with this one. This sketch gave me the impression of movement by the wind, so I knew I was going to use that cute tornado stamp. All stamps are from Paper Smooches and paper is from Echo Park's Dots and Stripes Metropolitan collection. I even bought me some white embossing powder to use on the cloud! (woo hoo, now I have TWO embossing colors to use! That's right: Black and White! LOL!) I'm new to heat embossing so I'm taking it slow. But I can see this technique is really growing on me and I think I'm gonna have to get some more colors to play with!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you have a fabulous day!

Chris ☺

1 comment:

  1. i love this! the patterned cloud and diagonal stripe inside are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.