Tuesday, December 20, 2016

SHOPPING OUR STASH #283 - Winter Wonderland



Hello crafty peeps! Are you all done with all of your holiday shopping and card making? I still have a couple items to get, then I'm done. Well.... I still need to wrap the presents I've bought, but other than that, I'm done. LOL!

For our last challenge of the year at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we want to see your Winter themed cards or projects, but not Christmas themed. Here's what I came up with:


 here's the inside with a bit of snark...


I was lamenting a few posts back about the fact that I have no silver foil paper. Well, when I was searching through all my paper, I came across this holographic silver snowflake paper that I've had for a couple years at least, but it was hidden by other papers. Score!! I used a couple rectangle dies to make a frame out of it. I used my MISTI to line up the word stamps (each word is a separate stamp), stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed in white EP. The snow globe is a new purchase, but it worked well for this challenge. I backed a scrap of white CS with an adhesive transfer sheet before die cutting it. Then all I had to do was peel off the backing sheet and stick it on my card. 

We hope that you have a chance in your busy holiday schedule to play along this week at Shopping Our Stash! This is our last challenge for 2016, but we'll be back on January 3rd with a new challenge! I'd also like to say thank you to our Guest Designer, Beth, for joining the SOS Crew this month! It was a pleasure to have you create with us, and we hope to see your fabulous creations in our gallery in the future!

Just a reminder: We are looking for Guest Designers! If you would like to be considered for January, simply leave a 'DT' after your name when you link up! Super easy.

I wish you all happy holidays and all the best for 2017!



Supplies:
Stamps: Winnie & Walter - Big, Bold & Party; Crackerbox Palace - Belated...
Ink: VersaMark
DP: HOTP - Snowflake Silver Holographic paper
CS: Taylored Expressions
Accessories; GC; Avery Elle - Double Pierced Rectangle dies; Impression Obsession - Deer Snow globe die; Stampendous - white EP; heat gun; MISTI
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, adhesive transfer sheets

6 comments:

  1. Love that inside sentiment, sometimes it works that way but often it doesn't. Awesome card, so much chine it must have been a "B" to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love that snowglobe and the holographic paper gives such a wow factor!! The inside of the card is fabulous also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That foiling is absolutely incredible!!! And I l-o-v-e the sentiment. It cracked me right up! CONGRATS on your GD gig with STAMPlorations! Welcome to the STAMPfamily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fun and festive paper was a score-find, indeed! This is a fun belated card, shamelessly pointing out a good reason for tardiness! Love your new globe die... and it's good you used it-- you wouldn't want it to become lost in your stash unused 'til next winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Chris! That holographic paper is a lot of fun, and I adore your new snow-globe die! The sentiment on the inside is an added surprise. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background paper and holiday design Chris.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.