Saturday, October 10, 2015

JUST US GIRLS #314 - Trend Week


Good morning and welcome! It's Trend Week at JUST US GIRLS. Nancy is your hostess and she's picked STENCILS as your trend! It's still a very popular one, so we hope you have fun with it! Here are a couple cards I've made:


the inside:

My embossing paste started out white, but I smooshed Teal Zeal and Gray Flannel inks on my craft mat, then took some paste and blended the colors into it with my pallet knife. The sentiment was inked a couple times using my recently purchased MISTI. I LOVE this tool! The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory.


Here's card #2:

 and the inside:

I used that white embossing paste again for the skull stencil, and after washing off the stencil, I sprinkled neon green embossing powder over it, tapped off the excess, and let the paste completely dry before heat embossing. 

I hope you find some time to break out those stencils and make something with them! Please be sure to link up at Just Us Girls so we can see your wonderful creations! While there, please check out what the Design Team and our October Guest Designer, Julie Gearinger, have made to inspire you! Remember, that if you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of our October & November challenges, you'll be in the running to be our Guest Designer for the month of January! Good luck and happy crafting!


I'd like to enter my first card at Nacho Average Challenges #162








Supplies: First card
Stamps: MFT - DC Truck or Sweet; Unity - Octover 2012 KOM; Simon Says Stamp - Trick or Treat
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Teal Zeal, Gray Flannel
CS: Bazzill, Core'Dinations, Darice
Accessories: Gourmet Rubber Stamps - Climbing Wall stencil; Dreamweaver - embossing paste; Darice - sequins; Fiskars
- corner rounder; Coats & Clark - thread; MISTI
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Glue Dots; Ranger - Glossy Accents

Skull card:
Stamps: Hampton Arts; Stampendous
Ink: VersaMark; Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: Darice
Accessories: GC; Hampton Arts - stencil; Dreamweaver - embossing paste; Recollections - neon green EP; heat gun; SB - Deckled Rectangle Nesties; Fiskars - corner rounder
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares

16 comments:

  1. Awesome use of stencil, love both your cards. I am so stencil challenged. I almost bought Gesso at Michaels one day with my 50% off coupon but bought sprays haven't used them either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun Halloween cards! Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blue stenciled background. It looks great with the bright orange pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blue stenciled background. It looks great with the bright orange pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Total stencil versatility! I really like the less-expected blue for the first Halloween card. And that cute pumpkin. The green embossed skull is spooktacular!
    Sigh, you like the MISTI, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright background. What a happy pumpkin face too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your first card with the beautiful blue stenciled background and cute pumpkin. Happy to see a non-traditional color added to the usual Halloween color palette. Your second card sure is spooky, but fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to color my embossing paste! Super cards and thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creation is just stunning,. Love that sweet image and your creative goodies as always.xxx
    {The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome use of the stencils! I love that blue paste you made and that skull one, too. You won't be sorry that you bought a MISTI!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I'm loving these! Seriously awesome Halloween cards, and I love what you've done with the stencils! The eerie green monster is amazing! And I LOVE the background you made on the first card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great cards!!! I Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great cards!!! I Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving how you've used your stencils and how you've coloured them. Hadn't thought of using embossing powder and when dry to heat it. Love the vibrant and fun colours. Very creative cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool cards! I especially like that second one...love that technique you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.