Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Shopping Our Stash #144: Oldest Tree Stamp

Good morning and Happy Tuesday peeps! We have another fun challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! This week we want you to dig out your oldest tree stamp and create a project with it. I have used items that were gifts, either from a great friend, or from comment-to-win goodies.


Here is the finished inside:

My tree stamp was a comment-to-win prize from 2 or 3 years ago at Moxie Fab World, from none other than Cath Edvalson herself! (Does anyone else feel like MFW isn't the same without her?) This is also the first time it was inked, er, colored. I tried a faux water color technique for the tree panel. I used my Marvy Uchida markers and colored the tree, misted it with water, and stamped on water color paper. The colors blended a little. Not too much, and that was what I was hoping for. (otherwise, it probably would have looked like a big blob) It's hard to see, but I dotted glitter glue in the flower centers. (That was part of another MFW win from Cath last year) The best item on this card, I think, is that little birdie wood cut, which was a gift from none other than Jessi Fogan! (See? I AM using and not hoarding them!) It was sprayed with Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist and, once dry, adhered to my card.

In my previous blog post, I said that I couldn't cut straight and square to save my life. So, I embraced that and purposely cut my panels all wonky. Kind of like how that turned out too!

So, ready to play along? I know you are! Be sure to link your project at SHOPPING OUR STASH, and while there, please check out what my teammies came up with for your viewing pleasure! You won't be disappointed! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic day!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: My Cute Stamps - Owlways Friends; MFT - Essential Sentiments
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: Paper Smooches (lime); scraps
Accessories: water color paper; Marvy Uchida markers; Doodlebug twine; Grand Calibur; Darice - Flower Frenzy EF; wooden birdie die cut from Jessi; Tattered Angels - Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist; glitter glue; water mister
Adhesive: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares, Crafty Power Tape; Glossy Accents; Glue Dots

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous job on the faux watercolouring. great tree stamp and it's a young one too, mine is probably 10+ years old. love the wonky papers on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i *LOVE* the faux water colory technique, what a cool idea, i totally want to try that now! this is sooo fun and sooooooo springy! (now if the trees OUTSIDE would only follow suit!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I miss Cath, too. Sigh.

    I like how you've embraced your crookedness like I have. You MEANT TO DO THAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonky is where it's at! Love your card, that's a super cool tree stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun challenge theme...use your oldest tree stamp! How fun! I love what you did with yours. The faux watercolor technique looks fabulous with that image. I really like the mix of colors on the leaves, and love all those little flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, love the idea of this challenge! I wish we could add more days to the week!! You've made a lovely card and lovely wonks, too! And way to go using that NBUS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out so cool! Yay for not hoarding! And indeed, MFW is totally not the same any more. I don't actually bother to click through much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!! so bright and wonky! *wink*

    I LOVE how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering how you colored that so I'm glad you 'fessed all! It came out wonderfully! So bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.