Monday, January 27, 2014

1.27 Peace....

Hello there! It's my second post today. Sometimes I get on a roll over the weekend and make numerous cards. It happens. Rarely. Anyhoooo, here's another card I made. I am playing along with Retro Sketches #99 and also Merry Monday #92. (I finished this card about a half hour after MM#92 closed. Grrrr!) Oh, well, it's another Christmas card done!


The inside:

and the challenges:


I love this wreath die. It is so versatile. I know I'll be using it for Spring/Easter themed cards. The vanilla panel looked so, um, vanilla, so I embossed it with snowflakes. It still looked too vanilla to me, so I took it a step further and inked the edges and the snowflakes with Walnut Stain DI. I think it adds to the rustic look of the card. The sentiments are heat embossed, and the finishing touch is that brown faux suede ribbon. I think this is the first time I used it, and I have to say, it looks pretty awesome! LOL!

Well, it's time to feed the fur baby, then make some food for human consumption also. Thanks for hanging out. I hope you get the chance to play along with these challenges! Stay crafty, my friends!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Joyful Greetings
Ink: Versa Mark; Ranger DI - Walnut Stain
DP: Recollections - Believe
CS: Recollections
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Lg Std Circles Nesties; Poppy Stamps - Breezy wreath die; Darice - snowflake EF; May Arts - faux suede ribbon; Stampendous - white EP; heat gun; Recollections - rhinestones
Adhesive: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Elmer's - extra strength glue stick; Recollections - red tape

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely. That pretty wreath is perfect for that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the wreath, beautiful card, sucks to miss the challenge by just a bit. I have a stamp that looks like your die. I use it all year round too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dontcha HATE missing a challenge by just that smidge! The inking on the snowflakes is perfection - just the right touch - and I love that wreath, and how you wrapped the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely an awesome wreath stamp. And a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! What a perfect take on that fun sketch! Totally adore the wreath. The embossing is wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really cute. That sketch has inspired some great cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.