Sunday, May 27, 2012

Father's Day card #1

Hi all, and Happy Memorial Day weekend to you. I hope that you and yours are able to get out and enjoy the long weekend. It's a lazy Sunday here so I cranked out a couple cards for Father's Day. The second card will be on another post so stay tuned! Here's a card I made using the Deconstructed Sketch #53.


the inside.


and the sketch:


So did you all make your Father's Day cards yet? Normally I'd wait until the last moment, but we are going on vacation soon, so I wanted to get these done before we left. All patterned paper is from Echo Park. Card stock is from DCWV (white and beige) and Recollections (kraft). I got out my Sew Easy and sewed around the major panels. For the tie, I downloaded some clip art off the internet and paper pieced it. I cut the circle with my Grand Calibur and the "Dad" using my Slice. The black dots are from Colorbok. The only stamp I used was on the inside (from Hero Arts). I love how this came out!

Stay tuned for another post: Father's Day part 2! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Chris ☺

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a great idea! I love the way you made the shirt and tie! Perfect! thanks for using this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.