Tuesday, August 21, 2018

SHOPPING OUR STASH #368 - Hot, hot, hot!!


Welcome friends! This week at SHOPPING OUR STASH,
we are getting Hot, Hot, Hot!!
Which means, we'd like to see anything that is hot on your projects,
for instance, the weather, spicy food, cooking related, etc.
Me? I touched on the theme in a very personal, yet humorous way:


Hot flashes. Aren't they the best? - said no one ever.

I unearthed an ancient paper pack from Webster's Pages for my card. 
As soon as I saw this particular paper, I knew I was going to use it,
because of the bit of leopard print on the edge.
(Sort of a nod to the Cougars out there! LOL!)
And only used one piece of paper. The hounds tooth is the B side. Love it!
I screwed up when using a tiny hole punch on the earrings. I cut off a bit on the 
second one, so I embraced the oops and snipped the other earring for a
more cohesive look. (As if I totally meant to do that!) 
You can't tell, but I've added Glossy Accents to her fabulous glasses.
(Am I the only one who wants a pair shaped like these too?)
Somehow, I don't already own a stamp with this sentiment, (a travesty!),
so I used my computer and printer this time around.

Now it's your turn! How would you interpret the Hot theme? We'd love
to see your take on it in the gallery at Shopping Our Stash!
Need more ideas? Simply check out what my teammies created.
While visiting their blogs, please leave a comment about what you think.
Thanks for visiting. Hope you have a great day!






Supplies:
Stamps: Art Impressions - Golden Oldies Eunice
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Ground Espresso
DP: Webster's Pages; scraps
CS: Crafter's Companion; TE; scraps
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; Prismacolor pencils; MISTI; computer & printer; Ranger - Glossy Accents; Westcott- hole punch; GC; MFT - vertical greetings II die; blending tool
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D & thin 3D foam squares; Ranger - Multi Medium Matte

 

5 comments:

  1. HA!!!!!!!!!!!! (that sentiment was sooooooooo much funnier a year ago, lol; and hopefully will be again a year (or 2??) from now; right now, the "said no one ever" is more where i am!!!! oh well, it's the next phase in life! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it doesn't end that quick just slows to an easier to deal with. Great image well coloured and designed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh!! Been there myself and, the only suggestion I have is to embrace it and take it like it is, the next chapter in your life. Stamps and sentiments like this help tremendously, I wish someone would have sent me this card when I was going through it, my mood swings would have been a lot better, hahahahaha!!
    Awesome card, Chris.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Oh my g... The paper! I love a nice floral with a sassy B side! Happiness is! Terrific coloring on this hot cougar, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.