Saturday, April 11, 2015

JUST US GIRLS #288 - Trend Week!



Good morning crafty peeps and welcome to a new challenge at JUST US GIRLS! It's Trend Week and Sue is your Hostess this time around. She's picked a fabby trend - a shaker card!! I've never made one before but I've been itching to try it out. Here's what I came up with:


 Here's the inside:

I was kind of flipping out because I just recently purchased a pack of heat resistant acetate, with making shaker cards in mind, and put the package in a safe place....then I couldn't find it! GAH!! I finally found where I stashed it about two hours later. Geesh! I did some Pinterest stalking and decided a simple card to start with would be a good thing. I came across this card and went with it. There's even pins about how to construct a shaker card, so double bonus for me! (I need all the help I can get! LOL!) 

I hope you step out of your comfort zone and try your hand at a shaker card. Be sure to link it up at Just Us Girls so we can marvel over it! While there, please check out what my teammates and our April guest designer, Kathy Schweinfurth, have created for your viewing pleasure. Remember that if you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of the April challenges, you'll be in the running for our Guest Designer for the month of June! Have a great day!


Supplies:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp - Adult Beverages; Paper Smooches - A Magical Spring, Happy Birthday
Ink: Hampton Arts - Lavender; Ranger DI - Dusty Concord
CS: Darice
Accessories: Slice Die Cutter & Noel cartridge; Nicole - sequins; Crafter's Companion - acetate sheets
Adhesives: Recollections - roam strips; SA by 3L - tape runner; Ranger - Glossy Accents

8 comments:

  1. Way to shake up the party! Well done~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I am not the only one not as familiar with shaker cards! Your's is the perfect celebratory card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that your shaker is part of the sentiment....very creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sentiment is the window? You freaking genius. LOVE that - must.play.along. dangit. Love the smattering of sequins on the panel too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your shaker card! Although I still have no desire to make one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, this is awesome! I never thought to use a sentiment cut out to be a shaker. Love this clean and fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a cool shaker card! LOVE the idea of using a word die cut as the shaker base! That is so clever, and really really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply fabulous Chris. Great idea to use a WORD. How clever of you lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.