Tuesday, February 10, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #188 - TP or not TP


Good morning and happy Tuesday to you! This week at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we have a rather unique challenge. You may have figured it out by Leslie's oh so clever blog title. LOL! This week, we challenge you to A) Use the patterns from your paper towels or your toilet paper as inspiration; or B) use paper towels or toilet paper to add texture; or C) actually use one of them on your project! How crazy cool is that?!! (Come on, it's a challenge blog - and this one is definitely a challenge! LOL!) Here's what I made:


 Here's the inside:

Normally, when I color an image, I usually do the skin first, then go on from there. This time, I colored the dress first (just the blue). Then I took a paper towel that had an embossed pattern on it, wet it with blending solution, and lightly and quickly pressed it onto the dress. Once I removed it, I had a textured dress! It kind of reminds me of denim. ☺ Just remember, if you try this yourself, you must let the blending solution completely dry before coloring the rest of your image! (Luckily, I Googled a tutorial to learn that important piece of info before trying this technique)


I hope you try this challenge out. It was actually really fun to do, and I learned a new technique in the process. Yay me. ☺ Just link up your project at Shopping Our Stash so we can see it. While there, please check out what my teammates created to inspire you. They soooo kicked butt on this challenge, wait till you see what they all came up with! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!



Supplies
Stamps: Unity - Anastasia Fashionista; MFT - CS Complimentary Greetings
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Paris Dusk
DP: October Afternoon - 9 to 5; MME - Everyday Tango
CS: Darice; Copic X-Press It
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; paper towel; Hampton Art -rhinestones
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares

7 comments:

  1. This turned out so great! LOVE the dress. And thanks for the tip about letting the blender solution dry before coloring the rest of the image. I would totally mess that up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh WOW! what a clever technique and that dress came out soooooooooo very beautifully! it really DOES look like the dress is made of denim! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, this is awesome. Another technique that I will have to try. I love how her dressed turned out and of course your coloring of the image is top drawer. Fabulous project!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, great technique thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool technique! And a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHH! Now that's freaking fabulous! I'mma hafta get a blender refill so I can try! Love that image & that awesome sentiment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heyyyyyy now! Look at you go gettin' all fancy with yer paper towel!!
    Awesome job sistah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.